+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm pregnant and my Canadian boyfriend wants me to come in Canada

Kate2020

Apr 4, 2020
I have a boyfriend from Canada and I am a filipina. We've been talking online for 7 months and we decided to meet and travel last January in Thailand. After meeting last january we decided to be a couple and been together for 3 months now. And I just find out that I am pregnant now for a month. My boyfriend and I wants to live together and give birth in Canada. Our problem what should we do? Getting married is also an option for us but we are torn where to do it. I'm afraid that they will misinterpret our quick marriage because we just met and im pregnant.
Is it possible for me to get a tourist visa (6months) and do inland spouse sponsorship and make sure I have a travel health insurance? How long does inland app will take?
I will really appreciate if someone will reply and help me figure this things. Thank you and stay safe!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a boyfriend from Canada and I am a filipina. We've been talking online for 7 months and we decided to meet and travel last January in Thailand. After meeting last january we decided to be a couple and been together for 3 months now. And I just find out that I am pregnant now for a month. My boyfriend and I wants to live together and give birth in Canada. Our problem what should we do? Getting married is also an option for us but we are torn where to do it. I'm afraid that they will misinterpret our quick marriage because we just met and im pregnant.
Is it possible for me to get a tourist visa (6months) and do inland spouse sponsorship and make sure I have a travel health insurance? How long does inland app will take?
I will really appreciate if someone will reply and help me figure this things. Thank you and stay safe!
You can try applying for a TRV to come to Canada however approval is far from guaranteed. To be approved, you will need to show you have strong ties to your home countr (e.g. employment, property ownership, assets) and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If you say that you are coming to Canada so that you can get married and have your boyfriend sponsor you for PR, the TRV will be refused. It will be helpful if you have previous travel to other countries requiring visas (e.g. U.S., UK). Also, you will need to show you have enough funds to pay for your trip.

Also, it would probably make sense to wait until after the COVID-19 situation has passed before you will be able to apply for a TRV. You will need to complete a medical as part of the processs and right now all medical centres are closed to the best of my knowledge and it is not possible to complete a medical. Also, right now there is a travel ban in place until the end of June. So even if it was possible to get a TRV approved you would not be able to travel to Canada.

Kate2020

Apr 4, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply, yes i see this crisis holding us back but if I arrive in Canada on a visitor visa, and get inland sponsored, will you receive an open work permit to remain in Canada? Or I just have to extend my visa until the process will be complete?
Also, if im going to do this after giving birth lets say next year and go to canada with my baby with visit visa will they approve it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey thanks for the reply, yes i see this crisis holding us back but if I arrive in Canada on a visitor visa, and get inland sponsored, will you receive an open work permit to remain in Canada? Or I just have to extend my visa until the process will be complete?
Also, if im going to do this after giving birth lets say next year and go to canada with my baby with visit visa will they approve it?
If you come to Canada as a visitor and are married, you can apply inland with an OWP.

No one here can guarantee you will be approved for a TRV at any point. With a Canadian child and partner, you would have less chance of being approved for a TRV.

Given the timelines, even if you do get approved for a TRV later this year, come to Canada and apply inland, there is little chance that you will have provincial health coverage to give birth in Canada. Travel insurance will not cover it. Unless you have tens of thousands of dollars to spare for medical costs, you should expect that you will be giving birth in your own country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No matter when you apply for the visitor visa, you should assume it will be difficult to be approved and the chances of refusal will be high. It's quite likely your partner will have to marry you outside of Canada and then sponsor you for PR while you wait outside of Canada. This process will take approximately 1 years.

If you are able to get an approved TRV, then yes, you will be able to travel to Canada, apply for PR inland and also apply for an open work permit.

You should certainly try to apply for a TRV, but make sure you have a back up plan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In most provinces you would not qualify for healthcare and would need to pay out of pocket. You would need to plan for 10-20k If there are no complications.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boyfriend is not considered a family. You would have to be a common law or married in order to get the travel ban exception.. With the current travel ban, you have 0 chance for approval (not to mention, that it might be difficult to ever find a flight). You need to wait until travel ban is lifted. Be also aware, that nobody knows when that ban will be lifted. So I guess, better to organize to have the baby in your country.