+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm just looking for some information on becoming a permanent resident

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
all I really want is some information and tips from people who have actually done this.
-application process
-estimated amount in application fees and medical exam
-estimated time for it to process
-information on the sponsorship;requirements.
also, I've read some places that the medical exam requires you to get fully naked, I'm hoping that's people just trying to scare others.

Thank you for your time and help. :)

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
kourts said:
all I really want is some information and tips from people who have actually done this.
-application process
-estimated amount in application fees and medical exam
-estimated time for it to process
-information on the sponsorship;requirements.
also, I've read some places that the medical exam requires you to get fully naked, I'm hoping that's people just trying to scare others.

Thank you for your time and help. :)
Your questions are not really specific enough for anyone to adequately answer. Try doing some searches for threads that may apply to you, for example:

Search for your applicants home country.
Search for the words application fees

Open and read threads, there is great information. Also, read the first thread of the forum written by Leon that is titled "spousal sponsorship". There is great information in that one.

I have not heard of anyone having to get naked for the medical but that may depend on the doctor you see. Ours in the US barely looked at my husband. Took our money ($150) and sent us on our way. We also had to pay for labs and xray.

The application and right of permanent residence fee works out to be 1050. That should be it for the fees unless you are required to apply for ARC or something else.

L

limanoid

It is true, some doctors do have you get naked for the medical. I know my husband's did. They might look for tattoos, scars, diseases... But hey, they're doctors, they've seen all sorts of bodies. So unless they are unprofessional, they won't think less of you.

Application fees are $1040. In Quebec it's $250 extra. In addition to those fees, you pay for the doctor, which varies in price depending on the doctor and country, I am sure... I think my husband paid about $180. Plus you have to pay to get photos, police certificates, marriage and birth certificates. For us, it's at least a $1700 process for certificates, fees, copies, translations etc etc etc etc....

Anyway, personally, I would actually read the material on the CIC website. With the exception of the medical exam costs, they have all the information you are looking for. So check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/ and look for the information you are curious about.