+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm from Visa-exempt country

Ask75

Dec 17, 2022
Hi there! I've applied Home Childcare provider pilot and I received a message which says my temporary residence application has been approved and an occupation-restricted open work permit is being issued. However, after I sent my passport to case processing center-Ottawa to continue processing and returned my passport, there was a letter that says they are unable to process my application for a temporary resident visa because I am a citizen of a visa-exempt country and do not require a visa to enter Canada. So then where is able to continue process to issue my work permit? Do I need to go out and re-enter Canada? Or do I need to contact anyone? Any information will be appreciated it!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there! I've applied Home Childcare provider pilot and I received a message which says my temporary residence application has been approved and an occupation-restricted open work permit is being issued. However, after I sent my passport to case processing center-Ottawa to continue processing and returned my passport, there was a letter that says they are unable to process my application for a temporary resident visa because I am a citizen of a visa-exempt country and do not require a visa to enter Canada. So then where is able to continue process to issue my work permit? Do I need to go out and re-enter Canada? Or do I need to contact anyone? Any information will be appreciated it!
You sent in your passport to obtain a TRV to enter Canada which isn’t required if you are visa exempt. Are you currently in Canada? Do you have a US visa? Do you live in driving distance of a land border?

Reactions: Ask75

Ask75

Dec 17, 2022
You sent in your passport to obtain a TRV to enter Canada which isn’t required if you are visa exempt. Are you currently in Canada? Do you have a US visa? Do you live in driving distance of a land border?
Thank you so much for your comment! Actually it was a wrong letter. Because I submitted different form, IRCC sent the letter which says I need to send my passport to them, but as you said indeed I didn't need it. So I went to a boarder, re-entered Canada and got work permit.