File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think she could get a referral from an NGO for asylum?

If she's facing discrimination to that extent then surely she is a candidate.
She can't do this from her home country. She would need to leave her home country and relocate to another country and then be recognized as a refugee there.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi all!
I'm Canadian Permanent Resident. I have job, family, and pay taxes. But I have friend in my original country, and she is transgender woman. She want to get refugee status in Canada.
What happen with me if I invite her into Canada - write an invitation letter, and promise that she will not overstay? So, she is going to get a visitor visa, cross a border, and than go to the refugee center with her pack of documents - she has proofs that she was really discriminated and she is dangerous.
By fact, I'm going to invite her, and promise that she will not overstay and than I'm going lie. Or it's not any sort of lie? She will change her status in Canada from vistor to refugee seeker, and it's OK?
She can use the below link and seek protection overseas then apply for resettlement to Canada, this is an option and can take years.
https://www.rainbowrefugee.com/refugee-claim-from-outside-canada

Good luck to your friend.

Reactions: Islander216

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you think she could get a referral from an NGO for asylum?

If she's facing discrimination to that extent then surely she is a candidate.
There are likely millions of people facing discrimination around the world. Not as simple as applying from outside Canada or Canada would need to accept millions of refugees. If outside Canada you either need to be sponsored as a private refugee or selected by NGO as a potential candidate for resettlement.

elie.123

Jul 5, 2020
She would need to have a passport which doesn't require a transit visa.

Does she have qualifications, work experience, how are her language skills? Why doesn't she just try to immigrate?

hi
i have masters degree in chemistry ( fresh graduate ) and have done internship for 6 months
what program is the best for me do you think for immigration ?
thank you