+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have work permit and job in Quebec, can you still apply for Regular Skilled Worker program?

TillieBentley

Apr 6, 2021
I used the calculator on the website and it looks like I have a passing score.

I couldn't find any information about this, if you are working in Quebec, can you still apply to this program?

I have arrived 2 months ago and I am also studying French everyday. Should I apply now or should I wait until improving my French score? Currently my score would be 0. A higher score gives higher chances?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I used the calculator on the website and it looks like I have a passing score.

I couldn't find any information about this, if you are working in Quebec, can you still apply to this program?

I have arrived 2 months ago and I am also studying French everyday. Should I apply now or should I wait until improving my French score? Currently my score would be 0. A higher score gives higher chances?

Thanks.
You can. However you may find it quite difficult to be approved since Express Entry requires you to have plans to settle in a province other than Quebec and you'll need to convince IRCC that you plan to live elsewhere even thought you are working and living in Quebec.

Note that FSW draws under Express Entry are currently on hold (there have been none since the start of this year). When they resume, we are expecting scores of 470+ to be selected out of the pool. What is your CRS score?

Tommyspensee

Oct 14, 2020
You can. However you may find it quite difficult to be approved since Express Entry requires you to have plans to settle in a province other than Quebec and you'll need to convince IRCC that you plan to live elsewhere even thought you are working and living in Quebec.

Note that FSW draws under Express Entry are currently on hold (there have been none since the start of this year). When they resume, we are expecting scores of 470+ to be selected out of the pool. What is your CRS score?
Maybe get a job in Gatineau will be a solid choice?Since you can live in Ottawa then commute to there for work