+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IF PARENT DIES DOES THIS AUTOMATICALLY CANCEL MINOR CHILD CITIZEN APPLICATION

mda201701

Mar 3, 2017
Hi Kay,

I suggest you figure out what exactly happen to your son's application first. I suspect it is still in process. The best and simplest way to know, I think, is just call CIC.

mda201701

Mar 3, 2017
Hi Kay,

Reading your post again, I notice an important detail which I somehow overlooked. You son did not attend a scheduled interview because MP office said it was a mistake. It is your mistake. Obviously, CIC intended to process your son's application separately. Failing to appear in the interview could be a reason CIC closed your son's file. In any case, you should call CIC.

mda201701

Mar 3, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

Closing or rejecting your application
We will close your application if you do not:

submit documentation;
appear for your citizenship test or interview;
appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer or a citizenship judge; or
attend the citizenship ceremony (14 years of age and over only);
and have not contacted us to explain why. We will assume you have given up on applying for citizenship. The notices we will send you will explain how to contact us.

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
KAY999 said:
Its very simple Already he lost 5 years for the first application that was unnecessarily dumped, he doesnt want to wait indefinitely another 4 or 5 years because now just over 18 its his university age he wants to travel, explore and pursue his law studies doesn't want to be grounded without a passport and loose his youth years stuck due to some illogical reason

so if we are unfairly skidded by the system, should we try to redress and have corrective action or start again from scratch irrespective of the time , effort and resources wasted. I really feel sorry maybe if some over 50 or 60 years old doesnt matter, but can some expect a teen to wait for his driving license, or an ID or a passport which they yearn to get and explore and enjoy the world.
Hi, Sorry for your loss.
Since the old file is closed, just send in a new application.
I too submitted my first application in 2012 and had to withdraw it in 2016. I sent in a new application and everything was sorted within 4months. The requirements for citizenship are straight forward, so if your son qualifies, he qualifies. No question would be asked about his former application if he meets the requirements.
Morever, the age range is 14 - 64, so your son is old enough at 18 to apply. In fact, my son, 15yrs old, did his own swearing in on his own as he missed the first one. And even my 12yrs old daughter got her invitation separately.
So, if all requirements are met, your son should sent his application and it would be fine.
Just note that the fees that was paid at first is lost, you will need to apply with the new fees.
Good luck.

KAY999

Mar 16, 2017
Dunbar said:
Hi all,

I think this story is not standing logically.
Is there something another to know by posting this thread?
so what is not logical?, ofcourse forums are to share your problem and get suggestions /help from others experience

KAY999

Mar 16, 2017
mda201701 said:
Hi Kay,

Reading your post again, I notice an important detail which I somehow overlooked. You son did not attend a scheduled interview because MP office said it was a mistake. It is your mistake. Obviously, CIC intended to process your son's application separately. Failing to appear in the interview could be a reason CIC closed your son's file. In any case, you should call CIC.
sorry but the CIC letter was to prepare for interview, it wasnt a letter with a appointment date. he did not receive anything after that.

[/quote]

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
KAY999 said:
Its very simple Already he lost 5 years for the first application that was unnecessarily dumped, he doesnt want to wait indefinitely another 4 or 5 years because now just over 18 its his university age he wants to travel, explore and pursue his law studies doesn't want to be grounded without a passport and loose his youth years stuck due to some illogical reason

so if we are unfairly skidded by the system, should we try to redress and have corrective action or start again from scratch irrespective of the time , effort and resources wasted. I really feel sorry maybe if some over 50 or 60 years old doesnt matter, but can some expect a teen to wait for his driving license, or an ID or a passport which they yearn to get and explore and enjoy the world.
I may not be able to help on your actual problem.. but just FYI that Citizenship application is now only less than a year :)
Check the link on my signature to see the application statuses of people who appled for citizenship.

Wish you the best, and I am sorry for your loss.

KAY999

Mar 16, 2017
Iay said:
I may not be able to help on your actual problem.. but just FYI that Citizenship application is now only less than a year :)
Check the link on my signature to see the application statuses of people who appled for citizenship.

Wish you the best, and I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks for your condolences, and kind words. May God bless u thanks

KAY999

Mar 16, 2017
Hi everyone who took time to write, sympathize and gave us your kind condolences for my wife's demise, maybe if she was alive our situation and emotional reaction to this episode would have been different, anyhow as some of our writer friends has suggested we are following those avenues, hopefully we will share the progress and results to benefit others on how to avoid and redress such weird and unexpected mishaps in the process.
best wishes and regards to all
God bless u all