+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I do not work at all during PGWP, will it be a problem to get PR approval?

Tootoo33

Jul 4, 2020
Hi everybody,

Hopefully you all guys stay well. It seems to be some good news of processing:)

I have a question about my situation. I applied the federal stage on last October after CSQ and got X FN on December. At least my document was safely received!

Due to COVID-19, I can’t find any job with PGWP, and may not be able to work in the future because I have to take care of my children. Will it be ok, if I don’t work at all and get totally no income during PGWP period? I am just wondering in case of no work experience, if it makes negative result to PR or PR extension approval or furthermore to citizenship.

Many thanks in advance.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everybody,

I have a question about my situation. I applied the federal stage on last October after CSQ and got X FN on December. At least my document was safely received!

Due to COVID-19, I can’t find any job with PGWP, and may not be able to work in the future because I have to take care of my children. Will it be ok, if I don’t work at all and get totally no income during PGWP period? I am just wondering in case of no work experience, if it makes negative result to PR or PR extension approval or furthermore to citizenship.

Many thanks in advance.
No

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everybody,

Many thanks in advance.
How will you qualify for PR? Normally to qualify students need 1 year of Canadian skilled work to qualify for PR and don't have enough points to qualify after their studies.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
How will you qualify for PR? Normally to qualify students need 1 year of Canadian skilled work to qualify for PR and don't have enough points to qualify after their studies.
OP's already applied for PR from Quebec. Already got an (temporary) acknowledgement under QSWP.
OP as already answered - There isn't any issue whatsoever with being unemployed during PR process in your situation.
All the best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OP's already applied for PR from Quebec. Already got an (temporary) acknowledgement under QSWP.
OP as already answered - There isn't any issue whatsoever with being unemployed during PR process in your situation.
All the best.
Without knowing how they were able to qualify it is still a risk not to have 1 year of skilled work in Canada in case QSWP falls through.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Without knowing how they were able to qualify it is still a risk not to have 1 year of skilled work in Canada in case QSWP falls through.
What are you even talking about? Get your facts right about Quebec and then look at OP's query and your answers. You are zillion years away from their question. I know of one another person on this forum who replies similarly and sticks to their guns. We should try our level best to stick to specifics and not mislead with unwanted blabber.