+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS vs CANTEST

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
Hello All

I am considering to do a language proficiency test. I have been preparing for the IELTS test but someone has informed me that CANTEST is much easier in comparison. Does anyone here have any experience with the CANTEST? Can anyone please share their knowledge about which one is easier?

Thanks!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msingh2013 said:
Hello All

I am considering to do a language proficiency test. I have been preparing for the IELTS test but someone has informed me that CANTEST is much easier in comparison. Does anyone here have any experience with the CANTEST? Can anyone please share their knowledge about which one is easier?

Thanks!
What are you applying for? For Express Entry, CELPIP or IELTS General are the only ones accepted. All other tests will not count.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
I'm referring to http://www.cantest.uottawa.ca/. I am a PR holder living in Canada. I want to apply to a university within Canada but their requirements for English proficiency are that I need a test done such as IELTS, TOEFL or CANTEST.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msingh2013 said:
I'm referring to http://www.cantest.uottawa.ca/. I am a PR holder living in Canada. I want to apply to a university within Canada but their requirements for English proficiency are that I need a test done such as IELTS, TOEFL or CANTEST.
I can't say if CANTEST is easier than IELTS or TOEFL - but I can tell you IELTS and TOEFL have more practice materials available for free - whereas the materials on CANTEST are very limited.

In all tests - the more practice you do, the easier it will become.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msingh2013 said:
How do you think someone who is at the level of 7/8 in LINC classes to perform on the IELTS test?
Again - the key thing is putting time into practicing.

Even for native speakers - if you don't practice, you're not going to do well.

h_ashraf

Jun 19, 2015
@msingh2013 ..i just came across this post of yours while searching for the same topic...im with the exact same case as yours so just need an advice that which one did u gave? ielts or cantest?
i too am applying for university and they are asking for any one of these so which one is better and easy? p.s i scored 8 in LINC so what do you suggest?

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
I only scored 6.5 on IELTS. I think the LINC classes do not help for the IELTS or any language proficiency test. The only thing that can help is practice.