+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS, still a requirement for the visa if it is waived by the university?

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
IELTS, still a requirement for VISA if it is waived by the university?
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:21 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
I applied for a program at York University. IELTS is waived by the university as I'm done with my MBA and the diploma I'm opting for is POST MBA DIPLOMA .. My CGPA in MBA is 3.71. I have been on an exchange student visa to the United States for a semester and studied there.

Currently, IELTS is waived because the medium of instruction has always been English.

Should I be worried about not taking IELTS and applying for the visa? Will it create any problem?
Or will I be fine?

Any suggestions !!!

Not running away from IELTS to be honest, it's just too late now.

Oh and I'm from Pakistan

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umarnisar said:
IELTS, still a requirement for VISA if it is waived by the university?
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:21 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
I applied for a program at York University. IELTS is waived by the university as I'm done with my MBA and the diploma I'm opting for is POST MBA DIPLOMA .. My CGPA in MBA is 3.71. I have been on an exchange student visa to the United States for a semester and studied there.

Currently, IELTS is waived because the medium of instruction has always been English.

Should I be worried about not taking IELTS and applying for the visa? Will it create any problem?
Or will I be fine?

Any suggestions !!!

Not running away from IELTS to be honest, it's just too late now.

Oh and I'm from Pakistan
You cannot create an Express Entry profile without IELTS results.
It is a requirement for everyone applying for PR, even native English speakers from English-speaking countries.