+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score for New CEC application

maggie58658

Feb 11, 2013
Hi, guys,
I have just reviewed the language requirement for CEC application. It states:"If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities." Does that mean I have to achieve at least band 6 for each of the ability? My scores are listed below:
Listening: 5.5
Reading:6.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:6.0
so if I converted them to CLB level, that would be: 6,8,8,7. My question is: Am I qualify under the new changes? or do I have to do the test again? :( Or I am thinking maybe I can just go and apply for the PNP which does not requires to approve your language ability if my score does not qualifies.
Thanks!! any help would be really appreciated!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maggie58658 said:
Hi, guys,
I have just reviewed the language requirement for CEC application. It states:"If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities." Does that mean I have to achieve at least band 6 for each of the ability? My scores are listed below:
Listening: 5.5
Reading:6.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:6.0
so if I converted them to CLB level, that would be: 6,8,8,7. My question is: Am I qualify under the new changes? or do I have to do the test again? :( Or I am thinking maybe I can just go and apply for the PNP which does not requires to approve your language ability if my score does not qualifies.
Thanks!! any help would be really appreciated!!
Nope, what part of must get 6 in each band don't you understand? You had a 5.5 so no go.