+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score Expiration

mike2000

Jul 23, 2012
Hi All,

I am looking to apply for Canadian PR under Canadian experience class.
I have got an IELTS score with below details.

My exam date was 25-May-2012. So, it is valid for two years and I think it got expired on 24-May-2014 (ie few days ago).

Can I apply using the same IELTS for under CEC ? or I need to take IELTS test once again ?
If I apply using same will they give me a chance to send me a active score if they don't accept this one ? or my application will be rejected due to this expired score ?

On the score card it is written - "It is recommended that the candidate's language ability as indicated in the test report form be re-assessed after two years from the date of the test".

Listening:7.0
Reading:5.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:8.0
----------------------------
Overall:7.0

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
It's pretty straight-forward: you know it's no longer valid, so you need to re-take and use this new set of scores for your CEC Submission (assuming the scores are within the minimum CLB).

Note that it takes time to schedule for IELTS, why not consider CELPIP?

If you submit the old scores with your application, best case is it gets returned to you after 6-8 weeks; worst case they give you an AOR then ultimately reject your application after 6 months or more (not likely but who knows).

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mike2000 said:
Hi All,

I am looking to apply for Canadian PR under Canadian experience class.
I have got an IELTS score with below details.

My exam date was 25-May-2012. So, it is valid for two years and I think it got expired on 24-May-2014 (ie few days ago).

Can I apply using the same IELTS for under CEC ? or I need to take IELTS test once again ?
You need to take test again. This score will not work ,

If I apply using same will they give me a chance to send me a active score if they don't accept this one ? or my application will be rejected due to this expired score ?
CIC will give a chance for latest score card , But is worst case they can reject on expired score basis but that is rare

On the score card it is written - "It is recommended that the candidate's language ability as indicated in the test report form be re-assessed after two years from the date of the test".

Listening:7.0
Reading:5.5 Depend on NOC under which you are applying but this Will not acceptable as I know for most of NOC
Writing:6.5
Speaking:8.0
----------------------------
Overall:7.0

mike2000

Jul 23, 2012
Hi

Thanks for your reply my dear friend.

CELPIP test can only be given in Canada ? not outside canada ?

Thanks,
Mike

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mike2000 said:
Hi

Thanks for your reply my dear friend.

CELPIP test can only be given in Canada ? not outside canada ?

Thanks,
Mike
It's only available in Canada.

http://celpiptest2014.ca/registration-information/test-dates-and-locations/

What NOC is your occupation under? If your job is under NOC 0 or A - you can't have a score that's under "6" in all four sections.