+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS General writing rechecking/reevaluation

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,

I gave exam in Mumbai on 15th December 2018 and got below result. I think that I should have atleast got 7+ in writing for sure. My score comes down to 420 from 478 just because of writing section 0.5. Is it worth to recheck the writing section? they said examiner will be from Australia, will that have any negative impact in terms of more expectation compared to examiner in India?
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
Hi,

I gave exam in Mumbai on 15th December 2018 and got below result. I think that I should have atleast got 7+ in writing for sure. My score comes down to 420 from 478 just because of writing section 0.5. Is it worth to recheck the writing section? they said examiner will be from Australia, will that have any negative impact in terms of more expectation compared to examiner in India?
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5
Hello Kamil,

Very proud of your result, I need your help for IELTS study materials.

I took the IELTS a while ago in 2016, which the result is more than 2 years and no longer valid.

Having just received an approved PGWP, I need to sit for another IELTS to get a better grade to increase my chances for a PNP, CEC since I have no more points under the age (44) requirement under the express entry pool.

I would appreciate your support if the materials could be sent to my e-mail (oluyommex@googlemail.com)

Thank you

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Kamil,

Very proud of your result, I need your help for IELTS study materials.

I took the IELTS a while ago in 2016, which the result is more than 2 years and no longer valid.

Having just received an approved PGWP, I need to sit for another IELTS to get a better grade to increase my chances for a PNP, CEC since I have no more points under the age (44) requirement under the express entry pool.

I would appreciate your support if the materials could be sent to my e-mail (oluyommex@googlemail.com)

Thank you
I just practice Cambridge test for Reading and Listening they are really nice and very close to the real test. For writing, I was just referring patterns available online and for speaking just saw couple of video on youtube to understand the format that's it

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
My scores were L 9, R 8.5, S 8 and W 7. Avg score was 8.125 rounded down to 8.

I wanted to get 7.5 in Writing as that would give me the top band in the immigration process. So i paid the recheck fees of 6500/- and applied.

It took about a month for them to re-evaluate but they ended up increasing my Writing score from 7 to 7.5, which was perfect. Not only this but because of that 0.5 increase my avg score increased from a 8.125 (rounded down to 8) to a 8.25 (rounded up to 8.5).

So as my overall score changed from 8 to 8.5 i was eligible for a full refund, which i got after an other month. So it worked out for me.

Basically Writing is the only section which u could think about for a recheck, the rest of the sections don’t bother.
Also refund is applicable only if ur overalls score changes, not just for section. If ur scores are poor then just give the test again.
If u did very well in all sections except for Writing, which u also think u did pretty well but didn't get the required score, only then go for a recheck.
Most likely itll be a waste of time and money, but u can get lucky like i did.

Emerald boy

Feb 16, 2019
Hi,
My scores were L 9, R 8.5, S 8 and W 7. Avg score was 8.125 rounded down to 8.

I wanted to get 7.5 in Writing as that would give me the top band in the immigration process. So i paid the recheck fees of 6500/- and applied.

It took about a month for them to re-evaluate but they ended up increasing my Writing score from 7 to 7.5, which was perfect. Not only this but because of that 0.5 increase my avg score increased from a 8.125 (rounded down to 8) to a 8.25 (rounded up to 8.5).

So as my overall score changed from 8 to 8.5 i was eligible for a full refund, which i got after an other month. So it worked out for me.

Basically Writing is the only section which u could think about for a recheck, the rest of the sections don’t bother.
Also refund is applicable only if ur overalls score changes, not just for section. If ur scores are poor then just give the test again.
If u did very well in all sections except for Writing, which u also think u did pretty well but didn't get the required score, only then go for a recheck.
Most likely itll be a waste of time and money, but u can get lucky like i did.
please give tips for IELTS writing.

Rishali

Mar 27, 2020
Hello
I took my General Ielts exam the second time. Score L:8 R:7 S:8 W: 6.5. Need 0.5 more in writing. Reeval /EOR will be successful?
Please help.

Reactions: anjum140