+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for Express Entry and for PNP's

RolloTomasi

Dec 11, 2022
Hi guys,
in case I don't get enough score to go thru Express Entry, but I do get enough for a PNP (let's say I get 5 or 6) can I apply for PNP and than retake the test and resubmit a better result in Express Entry?
How does that work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,
in case I don't get enough score to go thru Express Entry, but I do get enough for a PNP (let's say I get 5 or 6) can I apply for PNP and than retake the test and resubmit a better result in Express Entry?
How does that work?
If PNP is not through EE and your IELTS meets requirements for that PNP. If you are not eligible for EE then not eligible for EE-PNP programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
How does that work?
Have you looked at the difficulties in immigrating so late in life? It will be quite difficult to save to purchase a house, save for retirement, etc. You are unlikely to have a company pension as a truck driver and the government pension (CPP) depends on years working so you won’t have full CPP. It is already tough to live on only government pensions and supplements. Do you have a spouse that works full-time. That would make a huge difference in your quality of life in Canada. The truck driving jobs in demand are normally are often long haul trucking. You will need to be prepared to go on trips lasting from a few days to over a week. Canada is a very large country and many trips involve going from the US into Canada. My assume they will likely be driving during the day but be able to return home every evening, have weekends off, etc.