+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC worries- help!

catpollitt

Jul 1, 2020
My IEC port of entry letter expires on the 16th July 2020. I have a job offer in Canada that starts in November.
I have read that an IEC candidate can enter Canada now if they have a port of entry letter and a job offer.
Must I enter the country now, or do I need to wait until November when the job starts?
My concern is that, if I enter Canada before the expiration date, I will need to find a way to isolate for 2 weeks which will be impractical since I have no contacts in Canada. I have applied for an extension but havn't heard back yet and am afraid by the time I hear back the expiration date will have passed. Help! :(

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Expiring Port of Entry Letter of Introductions
A Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction is valid for one year after its date of issue. Once a letter is issued under the IEC program, it is considered a participation and cannot be cancelled.

Contact us if your letter expires in the next 30 days, and you cannot travel due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. If you have already received a 90-day extension to your current POE letter, you can ask for a second extension of an additional 90 days.

If your letter expires in 60 or 90 days or more, please wait until a month before expiry to contact us.

Continue to check our website for updated information.

Extending your POE letter
You can ask to have your POE letters extended by using our Web form.

Select “International Experience Canada” from the drop-down menu and include as many details as possible to support your case.

If you don’t get a confirmation email from us, this does not mean we didn’t receive it. Keep checking your IRCC account for updates.