+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC to self employment visa

Jbesser

Feb 5, 2020
Me - 35, Australian, Camera Operator (NOC 5222)

applied for the IEC, 24month visa (last chance due to age) and that is just finalising processing.
Aiming to work within film industry, established own business in Australia, self employed for past 12 years, business is successful.
Looking ahead to the future I would like to still remain in Canada after 2years to grow business.

Could I start in the country on the IEC visa whilst at the same time having sent application for Self employment visa ?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Me - 35, Australian, Camera Operator (NOC 5222)

applied for the IEC, 24month visa (last chance due to age) and that is just finalising processing.
Aiming to work within film industry, established own business in Australia, self employed for past 12 years, business is successful.
Looking ahead to the future I would like to remain in the Canada to grow business.

Could I start in the country on the IEC visa whilst at the same time having sent application for Self employment visa ?
Yes - you can work in Canada on the IEC while at the same time applying for PR through the self employment stream.

Jbesser

Feb 5, 2020
Yes - you can work in Canada on the IEC while at the same time applying for PR through the self employment stream.
3 more questions if I may-

If I am applying and sending the application off for the self employment visa before heading over on my IEC (planning to head over April/may), the questions such as “current country of residence” will change, will these be possible to ammend later as my situation and information changes or will relocating to Canada midway through the process affect that?

also I have not sat for the IELTS and don’t currently plan to, as I have 60 points (35 needed to be eligible), is there value in more points over and above the eligibility threshold?

and what pieces of data have been useful in proving “relevant experience” for a cameraman will resume suffice or will a video showreel be accepted?