+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC - step one passed, how long will step two take?

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Rec'd letter saying "congrats you meet the criteria and have been conditionally accepted". So then have to send GBP 90 and send in the IMM1295 form. All looks good and very happy but then at the bottom it says that the form will be reviewed by the Visa section.....and if it gets refused, a letter will be sent.

Just wondering if anybody has seen this or been through this? Is it essentially saying "you're good to go and we just have to rubber stamp it" or is this a whole 'nother step that we have to jump over?

Would like to give notice to work and pack up my house for the move but obviously don't want to do that until it's a sure thing.

If anybody knows about the IEC and this part of the process, please help.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dishy_max said:
Rec'd letter saying "congrats you meet the criteria and have been conditionally accepted". So then have to send GBP 90 and send in the IMM1295 form. All looks good and very happy but then at the bottom it says that the form will be reviewed by the Visa section.....and if it gets refused, a letter will be sent.

Just wondering if anybody has seen this or been through this? Is it essentially saying "you're good to go and we just have to rubber stamp it" or is this a whole 'nother step that we have to jump over?

Would like to give notice to work and pack up my house for the move but obviously don't want to do that until it's a sure thing.

If anybody knows about the IEC and this part of the process, please help.

Thanks.

Have you read this? http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Hi PMM, yes I had read that which is the reason for my question....

I know they're having difficulty with the 8 week turnaround for step one but there is no real mention of step two. I've heard stories of some people getting a response within as little as 4 days and others having to chase after 8 weeks.

Just wondering if anybody out there has gone / is going through the same process and if they have any first hand experience.