+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Refused

dalbreezy

Jan 29, 2018
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice. I’m an Australian citizen that has been approved for IEC Canada in 2016. This was an application I made but never actioned. Although it was approved I never entered Canada as my situation changed at home. I would love the experience to live/work in Canada under IEC but my latest application has been refused on the grounds of taking part in the program in 2016. As I have never entered Canada is there anything I can do to get this fixed or cleared up so I can take part in the program. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Christian.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice. I’m an Australian citizen that has been approved for IEC Canada in 2016. This was an application I made but never actioned. Although it was approved I never entered Canada as my situation changed at home. I would love the experience to live/work in Canada under IEC but my latest application has been refused on the grounds of taking part in the program in 2016. As I have never entered Canada is there anything I can do to get this fixed or cleared up so I can take part in the program. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Christian.
Being approved counts as one participation. It doesn't matter whether you entered Canada or not. You were correctly refused and there's nothing you can do to change this decision.

Australians are allowed two participations in the program. Since you've already been approved for a Working Holiday Visa, you are allowed a second 12 month participation through the Co-op stream. This stream has specific requirements you'll need to meet to qualify.