+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Visa to PR

pantead

Jul 16, 2022
Hi, I am going to Canada with ICT visa, we are registering a business in Canada, my question is after one year of working in my own company in Canada, can I apply for CEC? and IF yes is it ok If I received my salary in my home country from home office during this time? my main question is my work experience with ICT visa will count as Canadian work experience while I will not receive my salary in Canada? thank you in advance for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am going to Canada with ICT visa, we are registering a business in Canada, my question is after one year of working in my own company in Canada, can I apply for CEC? and IF yes is it ok If I received my salary in my home country from home office during this time? my main question is my work experience with ICT visa will count as Canadian work experience while I will not receive my salary in Canada? thank you in advance for your help
I'm not sure if this is going to work. To apply under CEC, your work experience cannot be classified as self employment. If you are working in your own company, that sounds like self employment. You will also need to provide T4s as part of your application which is a tax return form provided by employers in Canada to those who are employees. I don't think a T4 can be produced if you are receiving your salary in your home country. I think your salary needs to be paid in Canada in order to get a T4. You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer once you are here.

Reactions: pantead

pantead

Jul 16, 2022
I'm not sure if this is going to work. To apply under CEC, your work experience cannot be classified as self employment. If you are working in your own company, that sounds like self employment. You will also need to provide T4s as part of your application which is a tax return form provided by employers in Canada to those who are employees. I don't think a T4 can be produced if you are receiving your salary in your home country. I think your salary needs to be paid in Canada in order to get a T4. You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer once you are here.
Thank you for your response, currently I am CEO of a company and also a shareholder, after starting our branch in Canada I will be the CEO there as well, How much salary I need to pay to myself at minimum to meet this criteria? thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response, currently I am CEO of a company and also a shareholder, after starting our branch in Canada I will be the CEO there as well, How much salary I need to pay to myself at minimum to meet this criteria? thanks again
You need to determine your NOC (if you are CEO then it's probably NOC 0012 or 0013 or 0014 or 0015) and then you need to look up the wage range for that NOC in the province where you will be working. You would want to make sure your salary you are being paid in Canada is reasonable based on the NOC you are claiming work experience under. For example, here are the wage ranges for NOC 0013:

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/1036/ca

Note that when you file your taxes in Canada, you will need to declare your worldwide income. This means you will need to declare any income you are paid in Canada, as well as any income from outside of Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Even if you incorporate a brand new company Federally or thru a province, it’ll still show you as a owner / director .
When you file the T4 it’ll be coded as EI exempt , because owners of corporations aren’t eligible for regular EI . Special EI, yes, regular No.
The IRCC will have your BN , on your documents, put that into the system , it’ll show you as an owner.
Thus the work classification is self employed

PR.NEO

Jul 28, 2022
Even if you incorporate a brand new company Federally or thru a province, it’ll still show you as a owner / director .
When you file the T4 it’ll be coded as EI exempt , because owners of corporations aren’t eligible for regular EI . Special EI, yes, regular No.
The IRCC will have your BN , on your documents, put that into the system , it’ll show you as an owner.
Thus the work classification is self employed
What if the incorporated company in canada is owned by oversea parent company whilst the parent company in its home country is mainly owned by CEO? It'll be counted Self Employed again?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
No, It doesn't qualify for CEC. You have to apply under FSW inland. @Copingwithlife explanation is 100 % true.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

greatchap

Sep 29, 2019
Please see link: https://leromlaw.com/canada-immigration-blog/3-scenarios-on-how-to-get-50-or-200-job-offer-points-under-canada-express-entry

Foreign national's current employer (i.e., the one notified on a valid LMIA-Exempt Work Permit) made them a job offer that meets the following requirements:
- be in writing

- not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada

- set out details of the job, such as pay and deductions, duties, job conditions

- made by one employer

- continuous & paid

- full-time (at least 30 hours a week)

- for at least one year after IRCC issues a permanent resident visa >>> What does this mean?

- in a job that is NOC: Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please see link: https://leromlaw.com/canada-immigration-blog/3-scenarios-on-how-to-get-50-or-200-job-offer-points-under-canada-express-entry

Foreign national's current employer (i.e., the one notified on a valid LMIA-Exempt Work Permit) made them a job offer that meets the following requirements:
- be in writing

- not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada

- set out details of the job, such as pay and deductions, duties, job conditions

- made by one employer

- continuous & paid

- full-time (at least 30 hours a week)

- for at least one year after IRCC issues a permanent resident visa >>> What does this mean?

- in a job that is NOC: Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B
It means that in order for you to claim 50 job offer points under Express Entry, your employer must give you a letter that specifically states the will continue to employ you for a year after you become a PR.

greatchap

Sep 29, 2019
It means that in order for you to claim 50 job offer points under Express Entry, your employer must give you a letter that specifically states the will continue to employ you for a year after you become a PR.
Thank you... what is the average processing time for this case? And for example if application is submitted in JAN 2023 then till application is not processed does the person need to work in that firm or does the firm need to be active.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you... what is the average processing time for this case? And for example if application is submitted in JAN 2023 then till application is not processed does the person need to work in that firm or does the firm need to be active.
Processing time for what? A work permit application or PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Processing time for PR after 1 year of working VIA ICT work permit.
Depends on how you apply for PR. I would count on it taking at least 8 months but a couple of years is also possible. Hard to predict.

Reactions: greatchap