+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT - Remittance Payroll - C12 program

Rao1993

Jan 9, 2023
i have recently been transferred to BC under ICT -C12 program as a senior manager. My payroll was supposed to be in a median range of CA$ 42 - 64 during the ICT application & it got through but im not receiving the mentioned range but below the median range as my salary. Even my job offer letter did not meet the median salary range which i eventually didn sign thinking I would rather come to Canada and sort the issue later with my employer. Kindly advise if this kind of manipulation is accepted by the IRCC? How should i resolve this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have recently been transferred to BC under ICT -C12 program as a senior manager. My payroll was supposed to be in a median range of CA$ 42 - 64 during the ICT application & it got through but im not receiving the mentioned range but below the median range as my salary. Even my job offer letter did not meet the median salary range which i eventually didn sign thinking I would rather come to Canada and sort the issue later with my employer. Kindly advise if this kind of manipulation is accepted by the IRCC? How should i resolve this?
So you are not getting paid what is listed in your job offer, and what you signed? The median range is a guideline and not law.

Rao1993

Jan 9, 2023
Im getting paid what is listed in my job offer letter which i havent signed yet. According to one of the Law firm with whom im currently dealing this affair said im entitled to get the median range of 42 to 64CAD as per the ICT application submitted for approval. it is a minimum criteria to be met by the employer it seems.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im getting paid what is listed in my job offer letter which i havent signed yet. According to one of the Law firm with whom im currently dealing this affair said im entitled to get the median range of 42 to 64CAD as per the ICT application submitted for approval. it is a minimum criteria to be met by the employer it seems.
What was salary was submitted for your ICT/LMIA exemption by your employer? If you are meeting what was approved by EDSC then there is no issue.

Rao1993

Jan 9, 2023
What was salary was submitted for your ICT/LMIA exemption by your employer? If you are meeting what was approved by EDSC then there is no issue.
I was transferred from middle east with my ICT application being processed through a law firm and in my induction letter from the law firm before arriving to canada which mentions 64$ to be paid as minimum pay per hour. However, i dnt think there are any exemptions claimed during the application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was transferred from middle east with my ICT application being processed through a law firm and in my induction letter from the law firm before arriving to canada which mentions 64$ to be paid as minimum pay per hour. However, i dnt think there are any exemptions claimed during the application.
So your employer (through a law firm) filled out the LMIA exemption and was approved at $64 per hour. You would have filed for your work permit with the job offer that states $64 per house. If you are now being paid less and your employer lied on the LMIA application then it is an issue. Your employer is not in compliance.

Rao1993

Jan 9, 2023
So your employer (through a law firm) filled out the LMIA exemption and was approved at $64 per hour. You would have filed for your work permit with the job offer that states $64 per house. If you are now being paid less and your employer lied on the LMIA application then it is an issue. Your employer is not in compliance.
Yes probbaly my employer is not taking this quite serious and im little uncertain here about how to settle this discrepancy. What do u suggest under this kind of situation since my law firm too is unresponsive.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Great.. thanks for the update and support. Appreciate it.
Your issue is if you ever want to apply for PR through PNP or use your Canadian work experience. You have to provide employment letter with salary and pay stubs. IRCC will cross check with LMIA/work permit and you may have issues if you were underpaid and your salary doesn’t match. Then your employer may be inspected for non-compliance. You may have issues because your NOC doesn’t meet median wage while on your work permit. Employer should be paying you what they filed in LMIA application.

Reactions: Rao1993