ICT Job Offer - 50 points ?

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Does anybody able to claim additional 50 points with intra company transfer(LMIA exempt, Specialized knowledge)?

Below are my details:

1.I have completed my 1 year experience working in Canada at March 20201 on the close work permit, Intra company transfer (specialized knowledge, LMIA exempt).

2.I have a job offer letter which has been given by the employer stated, “temporary work permit for two years to be issued” dated Feb -2020.

3.I have a work permit valid until March 2022.
4.I have all my paystubs, T4 document, employment letter dated in April (mentioned Full time, Canada experience mentioned, annual salary)

Will these documents helpful for claiming those 50 points?

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
most likely its all good, you will be able to claim.
but there is a chance that they may not give you 50 points.
this is say because strictly speaking some people(agents) want key wordings in the offer letter that the offer is valid "1 year after Pr" or you should be a permanent employee of Canadian employer not(your home country).

But looking at the number of people getting AOR you should be good.

Thanks for the info. Did u manage to claim those points? what are the document did u attach?

ashl34g

Sep 23, 2021
Hi Good Day !

I have moved to Canada on ICT work permit (LMIA Exempt) around 3 Months back( Mar-2019). i would like here experiences on CIC response with regards to below

CIC Requirements specific to my case indicates

"if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
(Source :https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html)

However, while filling express entry profile, additional 50 points are granted only if we have answered 'Yes' to the below question.

"Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)".

I have been working for the same employer who processed my work permit for many years in other countries and working in Canada only from past 3 months.

Employer name on my work permit is same.

CIC eligibility requirements clearly states one year work experience with same employer to get additional 50 points where as express entry profile seeking one year experience on work permit.

I understand that opinion would be divided due to this ambiguity but would like to hear positive/negative responses anyone received from CIC in similar situations.
Did you claim the 50 points for this '"Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)".
I am in the same boat, been working with a subsidiary. Not sure if I should say yes or No to that question? Please advise

Takita

May 12, 2021
@Chethan_blr @canadiandream2019 @God of war @minijh2005 @joshichandjoshi @PaulTkn @canuck78 @munmun1802 @Ilovemylife_tj @scenestrange @scenestrange @ashl34g

Did you get 50 points added automatically to the EE profile after completing 1year or does letter say "valid for at least 1 year from getting PR" to claim 50 points?

I'm on ICT too and will complete my 1year Canadian experience soon. I'm hoping to receive an ITA once draws resume in early July.

These 50 points are tie breaker in my case.

Hope you guys have already got your PR's by now.

ashl34g

Sep 23, 2021
@Chethan_blr @canadiandream2019 @God of war @minijh2005 @joshichandjoshi @PaulTkn @canuck78 @munmun1802 @Ilovemylife_tj @scenestrange @scenestrange @ashl34g

Did you get 50 points added automatically to the EE profile after completing 1year or does letter say "valid for at least 1 year from getting PR" to claim 50 points?

I'm on ICT too and will complete my 1year Canadian experience soon. I'm hoping to receive an ITA once draws resume in early July.

These 50 points are tie breaker in my case.

Hope you guys have already got your PR's by now.
In the same boat actually, few months left for one year but I asked my firm recently if they can give a letter with this one year clause on it, the HR said nobody will give such offer letter and if the original offer letter (which was submitted during WP application) has no end date that means you are good to continue.
Appreciate if any of you has any format or template that I can show them.
Honestly who would commit for somebody just on PR basis, performance is also one thing. What if he or she doesn't perform well.

Reactions: Takita

Peteratpete

Feb 25, 2022
In the same boat actually, few months left for one year but I asked my firm recently if they can give a letter with this one year clause on it, the HR said nobody will give such offer letter and if the original offer letter (which was submitted during WP application) has no end date that means you are good to continue.
Appreciate if any of you has any format or template that I can show them.
Honestly who would commit for somebody just on PR basis, performance is also one thing. What if he or she doesn't perform well.
Did you used those 50 points, if yes, is your PR approved now?

Aman1354

Apr 9, 2019
Hello group members.
Asking on behalf of my cousin. He got his NOI from Ontario under tech draw in July end. He went to Ontario under Intra company transfer work permit May 2023 and work permit expires on May 2025.
His employer name is mentioned on it and also the job title but not the job NOC. While filing oinp they are asking if we have a valid job offer/ arrange employment in Ontario , shall he answer yes to it and answer all the ques or it should be no? Also, in express entry he filled no job offer but did mentioned his current employment in Ontario under work history tab.
Urgent response required because he is doubtful whether his job is lmia exempt or under lmia. Moreover, while showing settlement funds will the current job compensate the funds requirement or he has to show through bank.
What to show in oinp arrange employment tab
Thanks in advance.

Raush

Sep 26, 2023
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer - TRUE
  • continuous - TRUE
  • paid - TRUE
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week) - TRUE
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa - TRUE - Can get letter from the employer
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC: - TRUE
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA,and you:
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - doesn't say in Canada though
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
However when you calculate via CRS calculator you get 50 points for 1 yr experience in Canada

6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:
  • managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
  • professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
  • technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)
If you aren’t sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC.

So I think 50 points are awarded after 1 yr of experience. Has anyone got 50 points for less than 1 yr experience?

Raush

Sep 26, 2023
I was working in ABC company India and in 2022 I came on sebbatical leaves to study in canada.
Completed my studies in 8 months and started working with different employers on PGWP till finding a project in ABC company in Canada. As soon as I found a project I joined from sabbatical leaves and reported Canada office. They gave me deputation letter and i am a open work permit holder
Now i have completed 1 year and wanted to check if I can claim 50 points been on open work permit but have job offer till 2026

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, no. You do not qualify for the 50 points. You do not meet all of the criteria to claim the 50 points without an approved LMIA. Specifically, you do not meet the conditions below because you are on an open work permit with no employer named on your work permit.

• if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA,and you:
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - doesn't say in Canada though
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay