+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was told that funds available for my stay was cash.

Bets Garcia

May 27, 2015
Hello, I was told in the Visa Application Center that in the blank "Funds available for my stay" I had to write down how much cash I would take with me for my stay, yes, "cash" so I said 1,000 dls for 68 days, obviously I will also take my credit card, which means I will take enough money for my stay in Canada, but I'm afraid the worker at the Visa Application Center was wrong. A friend who also applied for a visitor visa told me later that he was asked to just write down how much money he would take with him. Along with all the documents I sent to the embassy were bank accounts of my father, my canada study permit that expired last year, a document that proves I'm studying university right now in my country.

Does anyone know if this represents a problem?

I really hope my visa will be approved. Thanks a lot!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Bets Garcia said:
Hope you will tell us when you get the answer.

There is no way we can answer that question with complete certainty.

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
Bets Garcia said:
Hello, I was told in the Visa Application Center that in the blank "Funds available for my stay" I had to write down how much cash I would take with me for my stay, yes, "cash" so I said 1,000 dls for 68 days, obviously I will also take my credit card, which means I will take enough money for my stay in Canada, but I'm afraid the worker at the Visa Application Center was wrong. A friend who also applied for a visitor visa told me later that he was asked to just write down how much money he would take with him. Along with all the documents I sent to the embassy were bank accounts of my father, my canada study permit that expired last year, a document that proves I'm studying university right now in my country.

I really hope my visa will be approved. Thanks a lot!
I am in the same situation as except i said 2000, i am at university in my country and i used my fathers bank statement too. i applied online and i am waiting response too. i applied 11 May 2015... please keep updating and i will do that as well... good luck to us.. ;) ;)