+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to sponsor my husband from Cuba

reyvolker

Feb 22, 2024
Currently I do live in Quebec and also have a business here, however once I apply for my husband's residency we want to live in Ontario . It is an hour drive to my business but it is better like that. How can I proof immigration that we will be settling in Ontario and not Quebec,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Currently I do live in Quebec and also have a business here, however once I apply for my husband's residency we want to live in Ontario . It is an hour drive to my business but it is better like that. How can I proof immigration that we will be settling in Ontario and not Quebec,
You would need to apply under the Quebec rules since you currently live and work in Quebec.

If you move from your current primary residence to an address in Ontario after submitting the application, then you can change your address and indicate to IRCC that you have permanently moved to another province.

reyvolker

Feb 22, 2024
You would need to apply under the Quebec rules since you currently live and work in Quebec.

If you move from your current primary residence to an address in Ontario after submitting the application, then you can change your address and indicate to IRCC that you have permanently moved to another province.
If I get a place on Ontario I can travel to Quebec , Quebec takes 20 month longer , that's a long time..and for what ? To deal with language racism..I can work in Quebec but live in Ontario .and also have a place in Quebec . But if I move my residency to Ontario ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I get a place on Ontario I can travel to Quebec , Quebec takes 20 month longer , that's a long time..and for what ? To deal with language racism..I can work in Quebec but live in Ontario .and also have a place in Quebec . But if I move my residency to Ontario ?
So move and then apply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to avoid the Quebec process completely, move to Ontario first and then submit your application. Yes, you can have residency in Ontario but work in Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have a home in Ontario and Quebec plus a business in Quebec expect that you may have to provide significant proof that you have actually permanently relocated to Ontario and that you are not a resident on paper because you want faster processing. IRCC is aware that people are trying to get processed through Ontario to get faster processing for spousal sponsorship. Most are actually moving to Ontario and giving up their property in Quebec which would be a normal thing to do if truly relocating to Ontario especially if both places are within a short distance from each other. If your business is 20 minutes from Ontario then your Quebec home is likely to be close. It would not make sense to have 2 residences so close together. IRCC is not stupid. Your spouse will also lose out on things like language classes if they attempt to immigrate through Ontario.