+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need urgent guidence

Dimpalben

Dec 2, 2019
Hello all.
My name is Dimpal. I am from India and i moved to Ontario Canada before 6 months. I am on work permit and my husband is on student permit. I do not have health card and i am pregnant. And i know that health card will take 3 months to active. So i dont u derstand what to do? Because we do not have that much financial postition to afford all this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all.
My name is Dimpal. I am from India and i moved to Ontario Canada before 6 months. I am on work permit and my husband is on student permit. I do not have health card and i am pregnant. And i know that health card will take 3 months to active. So i dont u derstand what to do? Because we do not have that much financial postition to afford all this.
You pay costs yourself or you return to your country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did your husband pay to add you to his health plan? It is not OHIP but UHIP. Not sure if it is possible at this point of whether it will cover your delivery since I am not sure how long he will be studying. The other option will be to return home. Unfortunately things don’t always go perfectly in pregnancy so you need to be prepared for unplanned appointments, possible procedures or even hospitalization.

BikeDawg

Oct 10, 2017
Hi

Try not to worry, how long have you lived in Ontario? You said you have been there 6 months already?
The wait period starts when you establish residency not when you apply. If you have already lived in Ontario for several months the wait period is already served and OHIP wiill be effective immediately. Appy now, make sure you state the day you first moved to Ontario.

Congratulations

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Try not to worry, how long have you lived in Ontario? You said you have been there 6 months already?
The wait period starts when you establish residency not when you apply. If you have already lived in Ontario for several months the wait period is already served and OHIP wiill be effective immediately. Appy now, make sure you state the day you first moved to Ontario.

Congratulations
It doesn’t say she is actually working so may not qualify for OHIP. You have to have proof of employment for over 6 months to qualify so may not actually qualify at this point. If she was a PR she would qualify.