+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need information PLZ

dalila

Mar 27, 2007
hi my name is dalila im canadian citizen living in canada and i have question about sponsoring my husbend to come to canada .

my husbend is morrocan lives in the US , he went there on a tourist visa that was valid for 6 months then he applied for green card "AOS" through employment , the AOS was pending for one year and half but recently his AOS was denied and he has no status in the US at the moment.
my question is :
is it possible to sponser him to come to canada and finalize his aplications at buffalo NY even he has no status in the US at the moment or he has to go back to his home country and finalize his aplication within the visa office at morroco ?
thanks for your time every one.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi Dalila

It seems like your husband has already over stayed in the US, I guess he might go to his home country and apply from there, since CIC does not accept any application if you are not legally admitted for at least one year going forward at any country other than your own. It looks like he was admitted legally but he is not anymore.

Good luck
Eduardo

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I agree - he should do this in his native country. If he tries it in New York, it may take extra time before you find that he has to go back anyway.