+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help landing

EdmonDoc

Oct 9, 2012
I just received my an email instructing me to obtain a visa and a CoPR... I have to send my passport/fees/2 photos to Detroit.
From reading this forum, I understand that I would have to "Land" ie; leave Canada and re-enter with the visa that will be stamped in my passport in Detroit consulate.

My question is if I go to the US border with Alberta ( don't know which one) will I have to enter the US side and be rejected entry (I need a US visa and don't have one)?

If so, is that rejection stamped in the passport? would it have future implications when applying for other visas ( all visa applications always ask "have you been ever denied entry to a country")

I could not find an answer anywhere and hope you can help me...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
EdmonDoc said:
I just received my an email instructing me to obtain a visa and a CoPR... I have to send my passport/fees/2 photos to Detroit.
From reading this forum, I understand that I would have to "Land" ie; leave Canada and re-enter with the visa that will be stamped in my passport in Detroit consulate.

My question is if I go to the US border with Alberta ( don't know which one) will I have to enter the US side and be rejected entry (I need a US visa and don't have one)?

If so, is that rejection stamped in the passport? would it have future implications when applying for other visas ( all visa applications always ask "have you been ever denied entry to a country")

I could not find an answer anywhere and hope you can help me...
It's not uncommon to do this, but yes, it does technically count as a refused entry. However, it is not supposed to cause problems in the future (it is an "administrative refusal"). I've been told by at least one person (a US Citizen) that he had to get his passport stamped, but I suspect this is because a US Citizen cannot be refused entry into the US.

I believe they give you a piece of paper that says you've been refused entry; it is not stamped into your passport.

Here's another thread on this topic describing the process: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-a-few-tips-bc-pnp-peace-arch-douglas-border-point-t107743.0.html

Cheery

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
1222 & 1241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2012
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
12-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-07-2012
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
14-10-2012
You can land at Del Bonita (Hwy 62) if you do it before 6 pm or Coutts (Hwy 4) which is 24 hours. There are more border crossings but they either don't have immigration services, or only on specific dates/times.

Alternatively you can make an appointment inland to get your stamp and become an PR. The reason everyone seems to go around the flagpole is because we are all way to impatient to get our PR and be done with all this stuff.

I'll be heading down to Montana for the weekend and land on my way back, most likely in Coutts. Am likely to post my experience in the Jan/Feb applicants threat early next week. If you want to know how it went have a peek there.

Good luck :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Here's the list of CBSA border crossings with immigration services as well as their hours of operation: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheery said:
You can land at Del Bonita (Hwy 62) if you do it before 6 pm or Coutts (Hwy 4) which is 24 hours. There are more border crossings but they either don't have immigration services, or only on specific dates/times.

Alternatively you can make an appointment inland to get your stamp and become an PR. The reason everyone seems to go around the flagpole is because we are all way to impatient to get our PR and be done with all this stuff.

I'll be heading down to Montana for the weekend and land on my way back, most likely in Coutts. Am likely to post my experience in the Jan/Feb applicants threat early next week. If you want to know how it went have a peek there.

Good luck :)
I went to Coutts border to complete my landing and I would not suggest anyone to go to border for landing. Specially, the staffs of the US border treat us like sh!t. It's better to make an appointment inland to get your stamp and become an PR.