+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help in sponsoring my spouse! Please :(

Nikipoon

May 13, 2013
I am a 22 year old Canadian citizen, I went to China with my father at the age of 17 so I was gone for 5-6years. I met my husband on November 2011 in China and we got married in August 2012. Because my husband and I did not have enough money to hold a ceremony, so we just got our certificate and that was it. Last month I came back to Canada after I found out I was pregnant and decided that Canada's health care would be better. I am unemployed and will be going to school in July to August. I have no income but I am financially supported by my parents. I called a immigration consultant asking would I be able to sponsor him even though I have no job but they replied that others were able to apply just because they had a part time job (which really confused me since I've read that you don't need a income). I am able to provide information about my parents financially supporting us after he come to canada and my mother has a place for both of us and our coming baby to live in.
Aside from that, do I need medical and police background check for myself also? My husband will be getting his and will be translating it all to English.

I am getting confused and frustrated since I'm pregnant and doing all the paperwork myself :(. Hope someone would help me!! :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're going to have to learn to be patient if you want free answers. If you want immediate answers and can't wait - please hire an immigrate lawyer or consultant.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You do not need medical and background checks for yourself. its just for your husband as he will be the applicant.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Nikipoon said:
So do I need an income or can my letter from my parents work for being financially supported?
I just knew about the income thing that there is no income requirement for the sponsor to show when sponsoring spouse

May be other more experienced member can tell you about this

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Nikipoon said:
So do I need an income or can my letter from my parents work for being financially supported?
you don't need an income. You need to show CIC that you have a plan. So explain how you plan on supporting yourself and your husband, as well as the baby. CIC wants to see that you won't go on welfare. So if you have a plan ( and I hope for you that you do), explain it, and get the proofs: get letters from your parents showing that they will support you, get a letter saying that you can stay at your place for free, etc etc.
Good luck,
Sweden

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
scylla said:
You're going to have to learn to be patient if you want free answers. If you want immediate answers and can't wait - please hire an immigrate lawyer or consultant.
OP ignore that. Many of us on here dont mind your questions. Ask away.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Sweden said:
you don't need an income. You need to show CIC that you have a plan. So explain how you plan on supporting yourself and your husband, as well as the baby. CIC wants to see that you won't go on welfare. So if you have a plan ( and I hope for you that you do), explain it, and get the proofs: get letters from your parents showing that they will support you, get a letter saying that you can stay at your place for free, etc etc.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thats good guidance. Showing you have a plan is important. If you just say i'm not working and pregnant it will leave alot of questions. Address your housing and financial support clearly by having those supporters write letters or other proof.