+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need guidance for visa.

FrankCampbel

Mar 19, 2018
Hello
My girlfriend's visitor visa got rejected yesterday and it was our only way of finally meeting after 6 years of friendship and 4 years and a half of dating online. Due to religious reasons I cannot visit her in her country or marry her there. So we decided we both go on a small trip together to Malaysia for a couple of weeks and I want to marry her there. Although it's our first time meeting, I know it may raise a red flag but our relationship is genuine.

I am confused what the next step will be. If she should try to reapply for another visitor visa or if I should already try to sponsor her. Or if there's another visa we could apply for.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could you not meet in a 3rd country to meet in person before marriage? Otherwise she is unlikely to get a TRV unless something has been left out of her application or something changes dramatically. Otherwise not sure if you have another choice but to do an outland sponsorship after you get married in Malaysia. The processing time may be longer (who knows) and would anticipate an interview.