+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need a straight answer to what I am going to ask...

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,

Just to say thay I sponsored my Husband into Quebec and I found it no more difficult than just the federal application. The thing that was actually easier with the Quebec part is that you do not even have to complete any of the financial questions on the federal application. You skip those pages completely. It tells you on the federal application which pages not to complete if you reside in Quebec. As far as getting Quebec approval, that is basically proving that you the sponsor actually live in the province of Quebec. Once you are approved federally you would receive the application from Quebec, and you return the application with proof of your address such as electric or phone bills in your name with your quebec address stated. Your wife has nothing to prove to get approved, just you. I know you could see what the Quebec part of the application looks like on their site.
It does not take any longer to process through Quebec than just Federally either, but it does cost an additional 250.00, and you do have to complete that application that will arrive at your address usually about 4-6 weeks after you are approved as a sponsor federally. there is just one Question that asks on the Federal application that asks if you are not approved as the sponsor, do you wish to proceed with the application or end it. You must check proceeed so it does delay your application processing in the embassy.

I know you don't want to be in Quebec, but I thought I would let you know what the Quebec process is , just in case.

Good luck with everything

Carlo said:
I am a Canadian born citizen who is married to an Ecuadorian girl and I want to sponsor her with the "outland" process.
I am currently living in Quebec (I am here in Ecuador so I can wait with her), but I want to move to Ottawa right away with her once she recieves her PR. Now I don't want to sponsor her to Quebec since I will not be living there once she is a resident.
Can I sponor her to Ontario by showing proof that I am looking for a job? Do I as a citizen have the right to sponsor her to what ever province I like???

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
Hello hoping75,

Once you are approved federally you would receive the application from Quebec, and you return the application with proof of your address such as electric or phone bills in your name with your quebec address stated. Your wife has nothing to prove to get approved, just you. I know you could see what the Quebec part of the application looks like on their site.

I don't pay rent or light or the water bill. I was just living there with my cousins and I don't have to worry about anything. The only things I have to prove that I have my residence at that address are: my mail, healthcard and a Bank account/visa. Can I use any one of those things to proove that I do live there!? Oh yes and a few pay stubs from my last job which I left.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Carlo said:
Hello hoping75,

I don't pay rent or light or the water bill. I was just living there with my cousins and I don't have to worry about anything. The only things I have to prove that I have my residence at that address are: my mail, healthcard and a Bank account/visa. Can I use any one of those things to proove that I do live there!? Oh yes and a few pay stubs from my last job which I left.
I think if you have a notarized letter from your cousin who does have the bills in his name verify that you do live there that will be necessary.. What about your drivers license also, does it have that address on it?

I needed such a notarized letter myself also, and about the same other evidence as you have, and that was fine in my case, so it should also be OK in yours.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
I think if you have a notarized letter from your cousin who does have the bills in his name verify that you do live there that will be necessary.. What about your drivers license also, does it have that address on it?

I needed such a notarized letter myself also, and about the same other evidence as you have, and that was fine in my case, so it should also be OK in yours.
Well I do have a letter that is notarized by my aunt, but it was made many months ago, does that matter? or does it have to be a recent notarized letter??? Does he have to send me a notarized phone or water bill under her name as well, or just a letter written by her?

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Carlo said:
Well I do have a letter that is notarized by my aunt, but it was made many months ago, does that matter? or does it have to be a recent notarized letter??? Does he have to send me a notarized phone or water bill under her name as well, or just a letter written by her?
The letter I sent was notarized, none of the bills were necessary to be notarized. I would recommend a newer letter from your aunt if possible, it would be better to have it as recent as possible to the day you would send in the Quebec part of the application.The CSQ.Quebec selection certificate is what the document is called that your wife will receive. Once you are approved a copy is sent to the embassy processing the application, and a copy is sent to you. It is very important that you do not lose that certificate because your Wife must present it upon arrival in Quebec if she does choose to land here. It is also used to obtain her other Quebec documents in the Province of Quebec such as her Medical card.