+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made mistake on work permit application. What to do?

Zyxwvu

Mar 7, 2024
I applied for a work permit by myself. It been more than 40 days that i did not get any thing so i went to immigration lawyer
After reviewing my application, an immigration lawyer told me I made one mistake. 6 years ago I applied for a visitor visa 2 times. But it was declined due to insufficient funds. Then, in 2021, I came to Canada on a study visa. I applied for a study visa through an agent. Now, after talking to my agent, he confirmed that he mentioned the declined visitor visa in the study permit application. I did my studies. I needed a study permit extension in 2023. I applied for a study permit extension by myself as well. In that application there was a section asking if a visa or entry to Canada was denied. Which I ticked as No. Because I thought it was asking about study permits. My student permit was never denied. So, I marked according to that and it was approved. Now, after finishing my studies, I applied for a work permit. In the work permit there was one section regarding whether my visa was refused or my entry was denied to Canada. As per my understanding, I thought it was about work permits. I have never applied for a work permit before, so it is marked No. But, today I got to know it should be marked as Yes because of a visitor Visa. What should I do?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I applied for a work permit by myself. It been more than 40 days that i did not get any thing so i went to immigration lawyer
After reviewing my application, an immigration lawyer told me I made one mistake. 6 years ago I applied for a visitor visa 2 times. But it was declined due to insufficient funds. Then, in 2021, I came to Canada on a study visa. I applied for a study visa through an agent. Now, after talking to my agent, he confirmed that he mentioned the declined visitor visa in the study permit application. I did my studies. I needed a study permit extension in 2023. I applied for a study permit extension by myself as well. In that application there was a section asking if a visa or entry to Canada was denied. Which I ticked as No. Because I thought it was asking about study permits. My student permit was never denied. So, I marked according to that and it was approved. Now, after finishing my studies, I applied for a work permit. In the work permit there was one section regarding whether my visa was refused or my entry was denied to Canada. As per my understanding, I thought it was about work permits. I have never applied for a work permit before, so it is marked No. But, today I got to know it should be marked as Yes because of a visitor Visa. What should I do?
You can send a webform mentioning that but it depends upon officer to consider it or not,since the damage is already done but you never know...

Zyxwvu

Mar 7, 2024
You can send a webform mentioning that but it depends upon officer to consider it or not,since the damage is already done but you never know...
I have submitted webform. What will happen? Should I call them as well?