+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just started an AirBnB I own personally but am incorporated

tristangemus

Feb 10, 2023
Hello!

I have recently started an AirBnB business. I am starting it with my condo I own personally. I have recently incorporated and have been collecting through there to date.

I spoke to a CPA and he mentioned I may need to transfer the asset, which will trigger land transfer tax which I just paid two months ago, which isn’t good.

I figured I could rent it to my corp and collect exactly as much as my costs would be which I think I would be able to write off personally? I’m not looking to take profits out of the business.

Does this seem feasible? Are there negative implications to this?

I’m happy to pay any experts to help me set this up, too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

I have recently started an AirBnB business. I am starting it with my condo I own personally. I have recently incorporated and have been collecting through there to date.

I spoke to a CPA and he mentioned I may need to transfer the asset, which will trigger land transfer tax which I just paid two months ago, which isn’t good.

I figured I could rent it to my corp and collect exactly as much as my costs would be which I think I would be able to write off personally? I’m not looking to take profits out of the business.

This is an immigration forum and the expertise here is around immigration programs and requirements. You'd be better off finding a forum that deals specifically with questions around managing AirBnbs in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello!

You stated you’ve already asked a CPA questions.
Asked them this. The CPA is an “expert “
You’re talking about aggressive tax planning .

……and that’s dangerous

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010