+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have no experience but inland

ONLM

Jun 1, 2020
Hello guys,
I have a question regarding the CEC, I am inland with a graduate study permit. The current CRS score is 437. In the case the cutoff was lower than this, Is there any opportunity to get an invitation even if I have no Canadian experience and I am inland?
I am currently working as a part-time job and as I know it does not account for the experience but I have more than 3 years of foreigner experience.
Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello guys,
I have a question regarding the CEC, I am inland with a graduate study permit. The current CRS score is 437. In the case the cutoff was lower than this, Is there any opportunity to get an invitation even if I have no Canadian experience and I am inland?
I am currently working as a part-time job and as I know it does not account for the experience but I have more than 3 years of foreigner experience.
Thanks
Yes, but you would have to qualify for FSW, since you don't qualify for CEC. You need 1 year equivalent of skilled work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC, which you don't.

Check the criteria for FSW, I think you need about 67/100 to qualify for it and then a high enough CRS to get an ITA. You should just make a profile and you will find out.

You should know there are some differences for your foreign experience to be considered--> for example that multiple NOCs cannot be used and that the experience needs to be continuous to meet the minimum 1 year requirement and there is a minimum CLB in the primary language, etc

Read this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#minimum

Reactions: ONLM

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,
Thanks
You can't be selected under CEC until you have one year of Canadian work experience.

Reactions: ONLM

ONLM

Jun 1, 2020
Yes, but you would have to qualify for FSW, since you don't qualify for CEC. You need 1 year equivalent of skilled work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC, which you don't.

Check the criteria for FSW, I think you need about 67/100 to qualify for it and then a high enough CRS to get an ITA. You should just make a profile and you will find out.

You should know there are some differences for your foreign experience to be considered--> for example that multiple NOCs cannot be used and that the experience needs to be continuous to meet the minimum 1 year requirement and there is a minimum CLB in the primary language, etc

Read this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#minimum
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
What do you think the opportunities to have PR in my current condition?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They are not good under FSW unless you can increase your score.

Look into the PNP program for the province where you are working. That might be an option.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hard to say, but given the fact that there haven't been any FSW draws in the last couple months, I am guessing there will be a huge pile of higher scoring candidates waiting to be drawn when these types of draws resume. So I would say that for the time being, I would not count on it.