+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have doubt related to differences of names in my passport and how will it impact my visa

May 7, 2022
I am currently in India and planning to move to Canada for my higher Studies on Student Visa.
My name on my Passport is "Mohammed Salman Mateen" and on all my educational documents its "Mohd Saman Mateen".
Is an affidavit of proof required or not?
Even if you guys after reading this says " Yes ", just so you know, I am already attaching 2 affidavits, one of my father and other for my mother as there is some surname differences in their names on my passport compared with
my educational documents.
So, me attaching 3 name justification affidavits, will it cause any sort of issue for getting student visa and future PR chances?

And, should I really need to attach affidavit for my surname in the first place?
Please answer this question, please

Thank you

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I am currently in India and planning to move to Canada for my higher Studies on Student Visa.
My name on my Passport is "Mohammed Salman Mateen" and on all my educational documents its "Mohd Saman Mateen".
Is an affidavit of proof required or not?
Even if you guys after reading this says " Yes ", just so you know, I am already attaching 2 affidavits, one of my father and other for my mother as there is some surname differences in their names on my passport compared with
my educational documents.
So, me attaching 3 name justification affidavits, will it cause any sort of issue for getting student visa and future PR chances?

And, should I really need to attach affidavit for my surname in the first place?
Please answer this question, please

Thank you
If the diff is only Mohammad vs Mohd- nothing is needed - it’s fine

May 7, 2022
If the diff is only Mohammad vs Mohd- nothing is needed - it’s fine
Hii @neo69
I have another question for you
Its like this.,
Educational documents -
Father Name: Mateen Mohammed
Mother name: Sameena Mateen

Passport (as well as other legal documents) -
Fathers name: Mohammed Mateen Parvez
Mother name: Sameena Begum Parvez

If you see the names of my parents above (see them clearly ) , will justification letter or same name affidavit be enough to solve the name issues of my parents at the time I will be applying for canada student visa ?

And, do I really need to attach affidavit for this above issue in the first place........ Cant I proceed normally in the application without adding any affidavit sort of document and attach it later if and only if immigration agents ask me about the names issue?

What do you have to say about this ??

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
No it’s better to have an affidavit as there is significant difference in the names
You can also try to have them updated in your educational docs if you have the time / resources

May 7, 2022
No it’s better to have an affidavit as there is significant difference in the names
You can also try to have them updated in your educational docs if you have the time / resources
To be honest, I have time but there is no chance to update them in my educational docs like very little chance, say 3% and 97% it can't be fixed.......... So, in this case is AFFIDAVIT enough?
Will I successfully get student visa (All other documents are good and are on track) and then later on apply for PR successfully?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Dude hold your horses ! How can you even think of PR just yet ! Take one thing at a time
Names can be corrected - if you follow the process it’s not like it’s 2% chance or whatever
That being said an affidavit will also work

get a student visa first and then plan for the rest

May 7, 2022
Dude hold your horses ! How can you even think of PR just yet ! Take one thing at a time
Names can be corrected - if you follow the process it’s not like it’s 2% chance or whatever

Hahaha yes I get it, you are right, my bad :p
Anyways, I will try to get my educational documents fixed else will go with same name Affidavits

Thank you so so so much Mr. @neo69
You cleared many doubts for me :)

May 7, 2022

Hi @neo69.,
Sir I am beginning the process and visited a consultant for the first time, so just as you said, my consultant too suggested me to attach same name affidavit for my father and mother.
But, I forgot to ask him the query about "Mohammed vs Mohd" of my surname, which if you remember was the very first question of this thread.

So, my final question to you is.,
Even though you said no affidavit is required for "Mohammed vs Mohd" but if somehow he attaches an affidavit for that too along with 2 other affidavits of my parents which will then make 3 affidavits in total..........

So, will 3 affidavits attached to a student visa application cause any sort of issue like rejection or it's normal and not an issue?

What's your say?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I don’t think it can be a cause for rejection for a student visa
Affidavits are only supporting docs