+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my Study Permit, but the classes were cancelled due to Covid-19.

fabianacha

Nov 25, 2019
Hi, guys
Maybe some of you are in the same situation and I did not find any specific topic about it, so here is my question.
My husband and I received our permits (mine is a study one and his holds an open work permit) 2 weeks before the restriction measures due to Covid-19 but after one week in Canada my school decided to cancel the classes (and not postpone).
Now I am searching for another school offering online classes or even thinking in reapply for the next intake in the same school (University of Manitoba).
In meanwhile, I have some questions like if we still can use our permits to issue the Sin number and other documents, or even work here in Canada.

I know that I need to apply for an extension / change of the permits after been accepted in other school, but my question is exactly the time we are facing right now.

I found a reference in CIC, in cases where the school is in a strike, and the whole situation is out of our control. So, maybe it could be applied in this situation. I am not sure.

If anybody knew something, please would be great if you´d share! :)

The link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=15.2

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi there. I wish i could be a help for ur question, unfortunately i have no info besides some links about exemption for international students to enter the country who got their visas before 18.03.2020.

I would be so grateful if you could share with us your timeline and the location you have applied from.
I have submitted the same sp+owp docs for sep 2020 intake exactly 1 month ago, gave biometrics and waiting for the response from cic. I applied online from Dubai.

Thanx,
Sam