+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got Ielts band 9... Any Scholarships?

zestweb

Mar 9, 2013
Hi all,

I got IELTS band 9 overall. I want to further study English in Canada, but the cost of education is too much. I want to know if anybody here is familiar with any partial or full scholarships that I can avail in order to help me with the costs.

Thanks

Mar 13, 2013
Check the college/university website. Usually they list them in there, however it is very hard to get one for an international student

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
You do realize that IELTS on its own is only a test of the english language for non native or perhaps partially fluent english speakers. The majority of scholorships are given to students who are well above this level. By this I mean that it's already assumed that such a person would be fluent in the language. Thus the criteria falls more into achievements in subjects of particular interest like Mathematics, Science, Economics etc. After all, you are competing with domestic students for some of the awards and they will probably excel in one of the above mentioned subjects or multiple in some cases.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Josh21 said:
You do realize that IELTS on its own is only a test of the english language for non native or perhaps partially fluent english speakers. The majority of scholorships are given to students who are well above this level. By this I mean that it's already assumed that such a person would be fluent in the language. Thus the criteria falls more into achievements in subjects of particular interest like Mathematics, Science, Economics etc. After all, you are competing with domestic students for some of the awards and they will probably excel in one of the above mentioned subjects or multiple in some cases.
I agree with the above. You won't get a scholarship based on a good IELTS score (they don't give out scholarships based on IELTS). Any scholarships that are given out are handed out based on academic performance (i.e. your marks in school).

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zestweb said:
Hi all,

I got IELTS band 9 overall. I want to further study English in Canada, but the cost of education is too much. I want to know if anybody here is familiar with any partial or full scholarships that I can avail in order to help me with the costs.

Thanks
There are various types of scholarships given out by the Universities, go through their websites and get familiar with what grants are being offered.