+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I can’t access anymore my account for online citizenship application

Othman Haj Salem

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
Hi all,

• I am Canadian Parent and I have applied for online citizenship application on behalf of my two minor kids (under age 18) by using the online citizenship application tool in (https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in)
  • I used the online citizenship tool to submit the online application as group application which has both applications for my son and my daughter
  • The group application of online citizenship applications under my created account was submitted successfully and Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application email was received
  • The AORs have not been received yet and at the same time I am NOT able to access my online citizenship account anymore (https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in) with error “The email or password you entered is invalid or your account was deleted, Try again or reset your password
  • I tried to reset my password but I was unable to do so due to this error
Any one experienced the same issue? What should I do?

Does it mean my citizenship online account was deleted and also my submitted application was deleted?

Kevin_Wang

Nov 4, 2023
I am dealing with exact same problem here, so frustrating.....I successfully submitted the application on behalf of my child on 31-August but it wasn't until 16-Oct did I receive an IRCC notification that there's a piece of document missing therefore I was given 60 days to submit the requested document, which means I have until mid-December. I logged in right away to review the requirements around the missing document. That was last time I logged in, on 16-October then I went on about getting the document.

By the end of October when I had the document ready to upload, I was NO LONGER able to sign in. I got the exact same message saying "“The email or password you entered is invalid or your account was deleted, Try again or reset your password" and when I tried to reset the password, the same error message kept popping up saying the system is down. It cannot be the case that I forgot my password or got it wrong because it was stored and auto-filled every time I logged in.

I reported the situation through IRCC's web form but have not heard anything back. Today I tried to re-create my application using the same email address and password, oh well, I was able to open a new application!! That tells me my application has already been deleted altogether because I figured if my original application still in their system, the system would've told me my email address is already used.

Hi all,

• I am Canadian Parent and I have applied for online citizenship application on behalf of my two minor kids (under age 18) by using the online citizenship application tool in (https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in)
  • I used the online citizenship tool to submit the online application as group application which has both applications for my son and my daughter
  • The group application of online citizenship applications under my created account was submitted successfully and Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application email was received
  • The AORs have not been received yet and at the same time I am NOT able to access my online citizenship account anymore (https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in) with error “The email or password you entered is invalid or your account was deleted, Try again or reset your password

Does it mean my citizenship online account was deleted and also my submitted application was deleted?

Othman Haj Salem

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
I am dealing with exact same problem here, so frustrating.....I successfully submitted the application on behalf of my child on 31-August but it wasn't until 16-Oct did I receive an IRCC notification that there's a piece of document missing therefore I was given 60 days to submit the requested document, which means I have until mid-December. I logged in right away to review the requirements around the missing document. That was last time I logged in, on 16-October then I went on about getting the document.

By the end of October when I had the document ready to upload, I was NO LONGER able to sign in. I got the exact same message saying "“The email or password you entered is invalid or your account was deleted, Try again or reset your password" and when I tried to reset the password, the same error message kept popping up saying the system is down. It cannot be the case that I forgot my password or got it wrong because it was stored and auto-filled every time I logged in.

I reported the situation through IRCC's web form but have not heard anything back. Today I tried to re-create my application using the same email address and password, oh well, I was able to open a new application!! That tells me my application has already been deleted altogether because I figured if my original application still in their system, the system would've told me my email address is already used.
In my case i received confirmation email for successful submission but after that I couldn’t access my account again
I created new account using same email and was successfully created but couldn’t find any information about previous submitted application
I sent web form asking about the same but no reply so far

In your case I think your account was deleted and you should submit again and in my case I don’t know if the account was deleted or my application still valid specially I have a confirmation email for successful submission

Kevin_Wang

Nov 4, 2023
In my case i received confirmation email for successful submission but after that I couldn’t access my account again
I created new account using same email and was successfully created but couldn’t find any information about previous submitted application
I sent web form asking about the same but no reply so far

In your case I think your account was deleted and you should submit again and in my case I don’t know if the account was deleted or my application still valid specially I have a confirmation email for successful submission
I too received a confirmation email that I successfully completed the submission therefore my application was in the process of being checked for its completeness. Two months later after I submtted the application, they came back asking for additional information to be uploaded and in the email notification I received on 16-October it was clearly stated that I have 60 days to log back in and upload the requested information so that the review can continue. The notification email states that " If you don’t resubmit your updated application within 60 days of this message, you have to complete a new application."

I received the notification message on 16-October but found out that I wasn't able to log in on 31-October, that's only 15 days which is well within the 60 days window. They just went ahead deleted my exisiting application.

Yes, I have already started a new application. I used the same email & password to create the new application but just like your situation, there's no trace of my previous application at all. Basiclly am starting everything from scratch.

Jan 26, 2024
I have the same problem I submitted my Son's application, august 16 2023, the receive an email September 20 2023 to check my application because my other son missing signature, so I open and re do it again submitted September 20, 2023 and receive email that confirmation of submission until now I cannot open the online account and never heard any news. I am wondering that is i8t normal application for minor only it takes awhile to recieve an AOR. I hope someone will enlighten us. Thanks

Jan 26, 2024
Hi all,

did you hear any news with your children application? mine still nothing since September 20, 2023

michelllr

Feb 15, 2024
I have the same problem I submitted my Son's application, august 16 2023, the receive an email September 20 2023 to check my application because my other son missing signature, so I open and re do it again submitted September 20, 2023 and receive email that confirmation of submission until now I cannot open the online account and never heard any news. I am wondering that is i8t normal application for minor only it takes awhile to recieve an AOR. I hope someone will enlighten us. Thanks
exactly the same situation...
Aug 18, 2023 applied for my son, Sep 21 received an email with acknowledge receipt of application and since October can`t login or reset password

Jan 26, 2024
exactly the same situation...
Aug 18, 2023 applied for my son, Sep 21 received an email with acknowledge receipt of application and since October can`t login or reset password
I called last week they check and I told them I cannot log in, they advise me to resend application thru paper application they said sometimes it happens if system error, it means my application not active anymore. I just resend and make a letter also explain what happen to my application online. am hoping for positive result as I sent it with signature and they did recieved the application of my children.

michelllr

Feb 15, 2024
I called last week they check and I told them I cannot log in, they advise me to resend application thru paper application they said sometimes it happens if system error, it means my application not active anymore. I just resend and make a letter also explain what happen to my application online. am hoping for positive result as I sent it with signature and they did recieved the application of my children.
Damn... To wait half year and to get news that because of system error they lost our applications...
Did you pay fees and made kids photos again?