+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not sure regarding the immigration process. Please advice.

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,

So I would like to give a few details here:-

1. I have a masters degree in Psychology from India. Graduated in 2019.
2. I have been working as a part-time designer since my masters; which accounts for 1 year of work, and have been working since as a full-time designer and researcher.

Now, I have been planning to immigrate to Canada.

Some people have told me that I should go for a 1-year course and get the 1-year work permit to increase my points; whereas others are recommending a 2-year course for better prospects.

I am actually not in favour of doing a 2-year course as it is really expensive for an international student.

I am currently 24 years old and not married.

As I am really confused, it will be great if someone please guide me as to how I can work on the process of immigrating? Talking to immigration consultants has sent me deeper into the loop of confusion.

Thank you in advance!!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Have you researched the process, CRS points system, taken the IELTS exam? Also, get your education evaluation completed. A 3+2 Masters degree may not be equivalent to Canadian Masters.
Canadian education and experience add points and also help with securing a job after you actually become a PR.

Feb 5, 2020
Have you researched the process, CRS points system, taken the IELTS exam? Also, get your education evaluation completed. A 3+2 Masters degree may not be equivalent to Canadian Masters.
Canadian education and experience add points and also help with securing a job after you actually become a PR.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have gone through the process and have calculated my points online as well. I am getting a total of 408.

I haven't given the IELTS and have not yet started on education evaluation as I am mainly confused as to should I work for a year or so and then apply for the express entry or shall I take up a one year or a two year course in Canada?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Recent round cutoffs are close to 470.
To get the process started, take the IELTS exam and start education evaluation process. (Like above, if you Masters degree is 3+2 years, you may not get Masters equivalence).
Once you get into the EE pool, you may get an invitation to apply for provincial nomination and that will help you get over to 470.
Also, while you wait for nomination, you will need to complete 3 years of work experience to improve your score and get closer to 470.
Canadian education and work experience should also be considered.

Feb 5, 2020
Recent round cutoffs are close to 470.
To get the process started, take the IELTS exam and start education evaluation process. (Like above, if you Masters degree is 3+2 years, you may not get Masters equivalence).
Once you get into the EE pool, you may get an invitation to apply for provincial nomination and that will help you get over to 470.
Also, while you wait for nomination, you will need to complete 3 years of work experience to improve your score and get closer to 470.
Canadian education and work experience should also be considered.

Ok. Got it.

I want to know that will it be fruitful to do a one year course and get one-year work permit and then apply for the PR?