+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i-485 pending and PR application

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all in the same boat as I am - here is our situation.

I had filed for US green card and submitted I-485 long time ago. If laws don't change, then it will be several years from now when I may get it approved.

In the mean time I applied for Canada PR and would like to immigrate to CA permanently.

However, I will take some time to make the shift. Like look for job in CA, wrap up things in US etc.

My question is - people with similar status, how are you guys planning for it ?

First of all - we will have to do the landing formality and get the PR card.

Second - we want to immigarte to CA but do you advise to abandone the US application immediately? Or should we take some time and then see both sides and then decide.

Dudes, any experience?

Reactions: hurricane25

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
US GC can take years especially if you are from a country that has a lot of immigrants moving over to the States like China, India, Philippines, Jamaica etc. These applications can take upto 7-10 years sometimes. In addition, as a US GC holder, you cannot easily sponsor your parents or would-be spouse whereas it is lot easier as a Canadian permanent resident card holder. Canadian citizenship can take upto 2 years after you fulfil your residency requirements of 3 years where US citizenship can take upto 5 years after you are a GC holder. In addition, there is a demand for H1-B visa holders in Canada. Look at all the pro's and con's and then make a decision. Don't keep yourself in two boats though. Either move to Canada or stick to the U.S. and see how things turn out there.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Hello all in the same boat as I am - here is our situation.

I had filed for US green card and submitted I-485 long time ago. If laws don't change, then it will be several years from now when I may get it approved.

In the mean time I applied for Canada PR and would like to immigrate to CA permanently.

However, I will take some time to make the shift. Like look for job in CA, wrap up things in US etc.

My question is - people with similar status, how are you guys planning for it ?

First of all - we will have to do the landing formality and get the PR card.

Second - we want to immigarte to CA but do you advise to abandone the US application immediately? Or should we take some time and then see both sides and then decide.

Dudes, any experience?
I don't know if you will ever get to see my question here because of a decade long post, asking you anyway.
So what have you done and how things have been with you. You got GC or you living in Canada? Could you please throw some light?