+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m awarded PR as an inland refugee but what about the PR card?

abelardo2017

May 2, 2020
3 days ago I’m awarded PR. I found it out on the “check your application status online ”. But no physical letter so far. Do I need to apply for PR Card? I don’t know. No detail on the explanations. Or they will send me one?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
You should get the COPR letter to be able to mail the request for your PR card.

Have you checked your email recently? I got the PR confirmation at my email, not My-CIC account, from IRCC Etobicoke – Landings Unit. Here's the email :

" Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit "

You'll find the instructions on how to obtain your first PR card in the CoPR letter.

abelardo2017

May 2, 2020
You should get the COPR letter to be able to mail the request for your PR card.

Have you checked your email recently? I got the PR confirmation at my email, not My-CIC account, from IRCC Etobicoke – Landings Unit. Here's the email :

" Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit "

You'll find the instructions on how to obtain your first PR card in the CoPR letter.
No I have not received it.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
You have to wait for CoPR letter then before applying for your first PR Card.