+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HUSBAND HAVING AN AFFAIR WHILE WAITING FOR VISA

malmon

Mar 1, 2011
just go ahead w/ your application, if you will inform the CIC it will just cause a long delay for sure. are you the one receiving all the notices from CIC? if yes, well that's better. prioritize first your application, for you to be able to bring your son there in canada. then if your son's already there, that's the time you can process your separation w/ your damn husband.get some evidences he's having an affair & sue him!!

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
I agree with RobsLuv but this is how I would play it:

1. Proceed with the PR application so you can get your kid's PR, since your husband is the Principal Applicant, if you withdraw his you have to make your child the primary applicant and it'll pretty much restart the whole process. Plus, since both of you have custody of the child, you are going to need his permission to see your kid.

2. Prepare a legal separation and a custody battle starting the moment your child gets his PR card, think that even if he does go on welfare and binds you to an 18000 CAD debt, the money you'd pay for an international custody battle would be much greater, if only on plane tickets and lawyers.

OR

Try to get your kid into Canada, do not let him leave and withdraw your soon-to-be ex-husband's application. Then resume his PR application now with him as the Principal Applicant

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
The OP is filing through Vegreville, so the husband and son must already be in Canada.
As well, you can cancel the sponsorship due to marriage breakdown even if you have not yet gotten divorced, a legal separation, or the marriage annulled.
I'm wondering if the OP is a live-in caregiver? Then robsluv is right about the custody issues being agreed upon before CIC will allow the child to be issued a visa. And there would be no 3 year undertaking of financial support either.

While caution in a situation where children are involved is always the best approach, if they break up and she decides to keep him on her application for PR, that is misrepresentation and they could all end up being losers.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
I agree with Robsluv.

you have to think about the childs welfare also in this situation and the fact that this child will need access to BOTH parents,

i understand you are angry and i probably would be too. But is this the best situation for your son if his father cannot come see his child?

You cant take a child away from his father as he has equal rights to him too.

Think very carefully!.

You will also need consent from his father when he comes to Canada,

I know very many people who have been cheated on and they patched things back up and are now the happiest couple i know!.

is this a final deal breaker for you?.

Men are very weak creatures. I have been married for almost 9 years now and my husband has done very very many stupid hurtful things, things that are prob grounds of divorce.. we went to see a counsellor together and i have learnt to nderstand my husband!.

I can tell you that sometimes a man can love you but they are really weak . that doesnt mean he doesnt love you!.

please give it a chance!. I know and i understand its hard but getting a divorce/separation may make things really hard and unhappy for your child.

You will need his father to have access to his son and vice versa if thats what it has to come to. bereasonable about it

im here if you need to talk ab it.

i do understand where you are coming from though.

Think far ahead and the complications this will bring in having your son with you in regards to his father giving consent to send him over.