+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to withdraw Work and Study Permit extension sent by mail

DEU

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, how can I withdraw my Work and Study Permit extension sent by mail, how long does it take? I am missing start of my school because it takes three times longer than online application. I had to leave Canada on the day my status was expiring and I am in trouble because of that.

Or can I submit another application for a new Work and Study permit from abroad?

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What do you mean work AND study permit? How do you have both? Also if you applied before expiry then you are on implied status and did not have to leave Canada and could have continued studying while waiting for the extension.

DEU

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean work AND study permit? How do you have both? Also if you applied before expiry then you are on implied status and did not have to leave Canada and could have continued studying while waiting for the extension.
It was an extension for my Study Permit including COOP program sent by mail on 3rd June (delivered 7th June). However, I am not in Canada now. I left on 30th June because of treatment back home and my status is expired. The best would be to withdraw my running paper extension and apply for a new study Visa including COOP from my country. It takes only 2 weeks. My school starts at 23rd September.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It was an extension for my Study Permit including COOP program sent by mail on 3rd June (delivered 7th June). However, I am not in Canada now. I left on 30th June because of treatment back home and my status is expired. The best would be to withdraw my running paper extension and apply for a new study Visa including COOP from my country. It takes only 2 weeks. My school starts at 23rd September.
Only way to withdraw is to send them a webform with a request to withdraw your application, there is no guarantee they will withdraw it depending on what stage it is at. Since it is a paper application it might be tricky to withdraw without all the application info but give it a try or have someone in Canada call them.