How to take care of moving money?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi,

what is the easiest legal ways to take money to Canada. I am aware that one can carry 10k without declaration to canada and anything above needs to be declared. I have 24k in total that I want to take it with me. What would be the best way to carry this amount to Canada?

please provide help whoever has been through similar situation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

what is the easiest legal ways to take money to Canada. I am aware that one can carry 10k without declaration to canada and anything above needs to be declared. I have 24k in total that I want to take it with me. What would be the best way to carry this amount to Canada?

Wire

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

Create an online account from Scotiabank, RBC, etc and send wire. Use a wire service that gives you best service (if your bank has these services) and then activate the bank account after landing in Canada. The $14k you wire will be locked in your bank account till you land and activate, you'll always be able to close the bank account and take the money back home without every landing though.