+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to stay longer 6 months as a visitor visa?

conglongbk

Mar 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
Up to today (15th March 2020), my mother has been visiting Canada to see me and my babies for almost 5 months. Her Canada visitor visa is expired until May 2029 with Multiple entries. What I understand from the CIC rule on the maximum length of stay of a visitor visa for each visit is 6 months. However, due to the COVID-19 virus disease, I don't want to let her travel back to her country at this time.
What should I do to extend her stay over 6 months?

Thank you all for your advice!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the information!
I see the processing time is 106 days. If I apply a visitor record today, it is supposed to have the record on around July. Is there any problem if my mother leaves Canada before the day she receives the record?

Thank you for the advice!
She can leave while it is still in process. She should withdraw the app after leaving.

Reactions: conglongbk

Preeti0093

Jul 15, 2017
Hi, it is not a good idea for her to leave the country on implied status she should wait until it comes back approved.

"It doesn’t guarantee that you can leave and then re-enter Canada."-cic website

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, it is not a good idea for her to leave the country on implied status she should wait until it comes back approved.

"It doesn’t guarantee that you can leave and then re-enter Canada."-cic website
It is perfectly fine to leave Canada while on Implied Status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you!
Please explain to me why "She should withdraw the app after leaving."?
An extension app no longer applies after a person leaves Canada and depending on where she is from, a medical may be requested when the app is approved. It is better to just withdraw.

conglongbk

Mar 15, 2020
An extension app no longer applies after a person leaves Canada and depending on where she is from, a medical may be requested when the app is approved. It is better to just withdraw.
Thank you for your kind helps!
But if the application is withdrawn, what happens to my mother Visa during the time after six months to the day she leaves Canada?

AjahMack010

Jul 31, 2018
Trying to apply for a supervisa for my mom but Gckey will not allow me to start the application. Each time I log in it only gives me option to return to Gov of Canada website. Anyone else experience this? How did you resolve it?