+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to reject QWSP

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in Mon Quebec last year, they had a 5000 people quota, I paid the 700+ CAD and submitted my application but the process is way to long and hence I wish to withdraw my application, how do I go about it, please advice thanks.

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
I've read that some people called and were told to send letters. However, when I called the lady told me they could not close my file because they had not started processing it yet. I submitted the application in August 2016.
She explained to me that I can only request to close it after I received the next letter from them, requesting more documents.
I told her that I am about to accept an ITA and that this situation makes it complicated, but she continued insisting that it was not possible to close the file now. So I have to wait until no one knows, spring time maybe ..., when they start processing the applications.

I called the international phone they have on their website. Try calling them and lets see what they have to tell you for your case.

I on the other hand am considering to send them a "don't want to process my file" letter in the coming days.

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I called them today, they said to send a letter to their office.

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
Can you please share what exactly they told you to write in the letter, to what address will you send it, and is it going to be registered or courier?

Thanks!

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They told me to send a regular letter to the following address

Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8

along with Name, DOB, File/Reference number, address, phone number and the reason for withdrawal.

I asked how long it would take, they said its not a standard process so there is no standard timeline, they also said that they may call me or send me an email to confirm before officially withdrawing.

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
What is DOB?

And were you from june or august candidates? Have they started processing your file? It's just so strange they told me such a different thing...

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Date of Birth.

I am August candidate as far as I remember, I never asked them to check my file. Basically, I called them and told them that I want to withdraw my application as I accepted an ITA with Express Entry.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Date of Birth.

I am August candidate as far as I remember, I never asked them to check my file. Basically, I called them and told them that I want to withdraw my application as I accepted an ITA with Express Entry.

Have you got acknowledgement after withdrawal?