+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to overcome the barrier

sak123

Apr 25, 2014
I got rejected from Canada Study Permit at Singapore on 24th March,2014

Reasons are :

The officer is not satisfied that I will come back at the end of my study at Canada. In supporting this he mentioned :

- My Travel History
- My Family ties in Canada and in my country of residence
- purpose of visit
- Limited employment prospects in my country of residence
- My current employment situation
- My personal assets and financial status
- Accounting Program is Available in Bangladesh

I applied for 'POST BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING' Program at UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA (UBC)
It is a 12-24 months program
My undergrad was BBA from AIUB
I got overall 7 in IELTS with no band less than 6

My elder brother is a PR holder in Canada.....

Tell me what can I do now as I will apply soon for the 2nd time for the September,2014 session.
I will deliver my application at VFS Sylhet Branch soon

Cunting your handy co-operation on this regard

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may apply any time you wish but for getting visa you have, first, change something to satisfy VO.
My Travel History
Have you ever visited your brother in Canada? And/or other developed countries (like US, UK, Australia, W.Europe?)
-
My Family ties in Canada and in my country of residence. - My personal assets and financial status
What do you have personally in your home country except your family?
- My current employment situation
- purpose of visit
What kind of job are you doing?
- Accounting Program is Available in Bangladesh
Exactly! Then why Canada?

sak123

Apr 25, 2014
I never went to any other country because that necissity never arised but now for the sake of Study purpose I have to go because UBC is a world renowned university and BD dont have good instructors higher quality comparing to that of UBC

I do not have any job as I am still a student.

My parents are my sponsor & in my country, I have a lot of properties to look after. I will inherit a lot of property from my parents. As I have no other sibling here, so I must come back to BD in order to take care of everything. Recently my father put 12 lakh BDT in Standard Chartered Bank as a saving account under my name for the sake of study expenses.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE CHANGES THAT I MAY BROUGHT THIS TIME. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS REGARD. I managed offer letter from UBC on that same program for September session.

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
sak123 said:
I never went to any other country because that necissity never arised but now for the sake of Study purpose I have to go because UBC is a world renowned university and BD dont have good instructors higher quality comparing to that of UBC

I do not have any job as I am still a student.

My parents are my sponsor & in my country, I have a lot of properties to look after. I will inherit a lot of property from my parents. As I have no other sibling here, so I must come back to BD in order to take care of everything. Recently my father put 12 lakh BDT in Standard Chartered Bank as a saving account under my name for the sake of study expenses.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE CHANGES THAT I MAY BROUGHT THIS TIME. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS REGARD. I managed offer letter from UBC on that same program for September session.
Have you mentioned this in your SOP or personal statement?

sak123

Apr 25, 2014
No I didn't mentioned the words of my last post into the Study Plan or Statement Of Purpose

Well I will very soon re-apply via VFS

Please tell me how should I present myself this time

The refusal reasons are already mentioned above.

I would really be thankful to you if you kindly help me on this issue of getting 'study permit' .

Thanks

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
What is your Singapore visa status?

Next time make a personal statement and write. Personal Details (include your activities in Singapore), Future plan, Why Canada, Why UBC, Why accounting course after studying business administration. Show some proof of your properties in your home country and say you will look after this property in future...etc

sak123

Apr 25, 2014
I am from Bangladesh. I have no relation with Singapore.

My elder brother is a PR holder in Canada. Is this a problem ?

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
sak123 said:
I am from Bangladesh. I have no relation with Singapore.

My elder brother is a PR holder in Canada. Is this a problem ?
Then why you applied from Singapore?

sak123

Apr 25, 2014
No no, I applied from Bangladesh. I meant my application was processed there in Singapore.

Can you please give me further suggestions regarding how should I process my application this time ?

What are the changes that can make a difference this time ?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
sak123 said:
No no, I applied from Bangladesh. I meant my application was processed there in Singapore.

Can you please give me further suggestions regarding how should I process my application this time ?

What are the changes that can make a difference this time ?
How was that possible? Is there no CIC or any visa office in Bangladesh? or applications from Bangladesh are processed in Singapore?

As for the PR status of your brother, make sure your ties to home country (parents, family, properties) are STRONGER than what you have in Canada (your brother).

dok

Apr 20, 2014
praveen1989 said:
Then why you applied from Singapore?
Residents and Citizens of Banglasdesh apply to the Canadian Embassy in Singapore because they don't have one in their country. You only submit applications through the Canadian Visa Center in Bangladesh and they're forward them to the Canadian Embassy in Singapore.