+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to make a cover letter in a hotel and restaurant industry

princesmay

Jun 16, 2010
hi all

i already 4 months here in vancouver canada and im looking for a job and im confused about the cover letter how to make it i gradute in Bachelor in Hotel and Restaurant Service Technology...but im willing to work in another field anybody could help me to make a effective cover letter in this field i dont have experience yet but when i was student we have on the job training i have certificate for that can i used this for my employment background please help me..............i really need to get work as soon as possible thanks...................

sincerely,
princesmay

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cover letters have always the same format:

The first paragraph intrducing you and addressing the name of the position
The second paragraph uses the main keywords in the job posting and make reference to your experience
The thrid paragraph is a closure where you say you are confident you are the exact match and you look forward for an interview

Of course, every CL and resume must be customized for the job posting

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed. Every Cover Letter needs to be customized to the recipient. Yes it takes more time, but the receiver will see you've spent time writing a customized letter vs a generic letter. I personally like using a bullet style format in the body of the letter, as it's fast and you can get your point across very quickly.

See these pages for Cover Letter examples:

http://careego.com/ResumesLetters/LetterWriting/CoverLetterSamples/tabid/306/language/en-CA/Default.aspx#