+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to handle no stamps on passport for EU citizen

Qutrit

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Hello,

I am filling in my citizenship application and I have several trips to the European Union (about 2-3 a year) for which I don't have stamps in my passport (they do not stamps European citizens on entry). Will this be a problem? Should I bring extra documentation to the citizenship test to prove taht? if so what shoudl I bring? ticket receipts? I don't have the boarding passes unfortunately... but how about credit card statements?

Thanks so much in advance. I wanted to know if this may be a problem down the line or not.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello,

I am filling in my citizenship application and I have several trips to the European Union (about 2-3 a year) for which I don't have stamps in my passport (they do not stamps European citizens on entry). Will this be a problem? Should I bring extra documentation to the citizenship test to prove taht? if so what shoudl I bring? ticket receipts? I don't have the boarding passes unfortunately... but how about credit card statements?

Thanks so much in advance. I wanted to know if this may be a problem down the line or not.
You are not the first European to apply for Canadian Citizenship. :) Of course they know that EU countries don't stamp EU passports.
Only worry about documtation if they send you a Quality Assurance or Residency Questionnaire. Only in that case will they ask your for credit card statements and so on.

Qutrit

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
You are not the first European to apply for Canadian Citizenship. :) Of course they know that EU countries don't stamp EU passports.
Only worry about documtation if they send you a Quality Assurance or Residency Questionnaire. Only in that case will they ask your for credit card statements and so on.
Thank you so much for the response! so you're saying that in principle I shouldn't bring additional documents to the test?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Most of my travel was back to the UK, where I didn't get any stamps. When my interview took place and she looked through my passport, I mentioned it and the officer understood entirely. I had significant wiggle room on my residency requirement (about two years of it!) though. I'm sure it'll be totally fine!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you so much for the response! so you're saying that in principle I shouldn't bring additional documents to the test?
No need for extra documents, really. But I guess it can't hurt to bring a list of your travels, similar to the physical presence printout, simply listing when you went to Europe and came back.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
No disrespect to anyone, but it just baffles me that some people give so much importance to passport stamps when a growing number of countries do not even bother stamping passports any longer.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
No need for extra documents, really. But I guess it can't hurt to bring a list of your travels, similar to the physical presence printout, simply listing when you went to Europe and came back.
yay I wanna go to berlin~

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
No disrespect to anyone, but it just baffles me that some people give so much importance to passport stamps when a growing number of countries do not even bother stamping passports any longer.
The reason for getting nervous is simple: IRCCs rules are not always according to logic/what makes sense. So that alone is not a reason for some answer. Exhibit A: the infamous question 9C