How to get through the border to apply inland

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does one start a new family, with their new Canadian husband/wife?

This past weekend my wife said her "friends" were talking to her....

Back in the States, as well as normal relationships here in Canada when you marry someone you are expected to, move in together and in most cases work to support your new family....

CIC (and I assume if she came to the States) these two fundamental expectations are not allowed. I am considered a lazy, irresponsible husband. My wife has experience tremendous stress from taking full responsibility. As far as working to support my new family I feel my hands are tied. Working illegally could result in deportation. This has caused tremendous stress and resentment. ??? And the thought of being apart is so sad and heartbreaking. :'(

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sogwap said:
How does one start a new family, with their new Canadian husband/wife?

This past weekend my wife said her "friends" were talking to her....

Back in the States, as well as normal relationships here in Canada when you marry someone you are expected to, move in together and in most cases work to support your new family....

CIC (and I assume if she came to the States) these two fundamental expectations are not allowed. I am considered a lazy, irresponsible husband. My wife has experience tremendous stress from taking full responsibility. As far as working to support my new family I feel my hands are tied. Working illegally could result in deportation. This has caused tremendous stress and resentment. ??? And the thought of being apart is so sad and heartbreaking. :'(
Sadly those of us that obey the rules do suffer. I would not call you wife's acquaintances "friends" at all.

I resolved the problem of ill meaning idiots by printing the relevant sections from the CIC documents and leaving them all over the house.
It helped that I made the font larger and bold, oh yes, I printed it on luminous yellow paper.

Rest assured if you did work illegally and were deported "the friends" would label you an idiot (or worse) for breaking the rules.

Talk to your wife and recall why the two of you are together. Prove that the "friends" are wrong, be strong.