+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get PR by coming to Canada with Temporary Work Permit?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*title*

hope someone can provide a step by step guide or options. thanks! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There can be a number of different answers depending on the province, the job (e.g. is it skilled or semi skilled), if you have an approved LMO, if your employer has made you a permanent job offer, etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see from your other posts that you are a student so that narrows it down a bit. You can check the graduate options under the PNP in your province or even in other provinces if you want to move. Some of they require certain number of hours worked, a permanent job offer in your field etc. If you do not qualify for that, you can check under PNP worker if you have a job offer. Otherwise, you can wait until you graduate, get a skilled job, work full time for one year and then apply under CEC.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for replying, but pls dont mind my other posts. this is totally different case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are the common ways people come in canada through work permit and get PR fast?

do they get part time or full time job offer? I don't know the details, hoping you guys can tell the easy method to come for work permit and get PR.

also, is there a Age limit for work permit? i don't mean like 60's, but only 27's

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no particularly fast way to get PR but if you are planning on coming over on a work permit, the first thing you need is a job offer and in order to maximize your options, it should be a full time skilled position.

Getting that job offer can be hard but it depends on your skills, education and hard work. Some have said that they applied for 100's of jobs before they got a connection with an employer that would apply for their LMO so they could get their work permit. There is no age limit although if you are 70 and applying for a hard labour job, immigration may not believe that you are really going to do it. Later when applying for PR, you will have to pass medicals to show that you are in good health and some application classes may rule out people who are over 49 or so. 27 is not a problem.

After you arrive in Canada on a work permit, you have different options for PR, you can apply under FSW if you qualify skilled trades class if you qualify or PNP if you qualify or otherwise work for a year and then apply under CEC.