+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get a job offer (50 points) when applying for CEC?

Bread123

Sep 20, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
hello all, I hope to post the question at the right place.
Currently I'm working under NOC B category (cook) for half year, will apply for PNP next month, followed by a paper application for EE. My questions are:
1. can I set up EE profile for CEC when I have one year of experience in April 2021? Do I need to apply for PNP again to get 600 points? (if so, can I? because I've already got PNP this year)
2. in order to get 50 points for CEC, what does a job offer mean? a written contract?
3. if I change job after receiving PNP this year, can my new employer help me with CEC application next April, or I have to work for the current employer till the end of PR process?

thank you very much [coffee] [pray]

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Okay, it seems like you might be confusing a few things. Do you currently hold a provincial nomination?

There is no such thing as a "paper application for EE." There are paper applications for PR, which are used when you have a provincial nomination from a non-EE PNP stream. If so, you don't go through EE or get 600 points. You simply apply directly for PR on paper. If you have a provincial nomination and no EE profile yet, this is what you should be doing.

Or, if you don't have a provincial nomination and do create an EE profile, to get the 50 points, you would need an LMIA which proves your employer couldn't hire any Canadians to do your job. You can't make a profile until you have at least a year of qualifying skilled work experience.

Normally, you can work for any employer you want if you have an open work permit, but if your PR application is based on the idea that you'll be employed by a specific company for at least a year after becoming a PR, you probably shouldn't quit that job.

Bread123

Sep 20, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Okay, it seems like you might be confusing a few things. Do you currently hold a provincial nomination?

There is no such thing as a "paper application for EE." There are paper applications for PR, which are used when you have a provincial nomination from a non-EE PNP stream. If so, you don't go through EE or get 600 points. You simply apply directly for PR on paper. If you have a provincial nomination and no EE profile yet, this is what you should be doing.

Or, if you don't have a provincial nomination and do create an EE profile, to get the 50 points, you would need an LMIA which proves your employer couldn't hire any Canadians to do your job. You can't make a profile until you have at least a year of qualifying skilled work experience.

Normally, you can work for any employer you want if you have an open work permit, but if your PR application is based on the idea that you'll be employed by a specific company for at least a year after becoming a PR, you probably shouldn't quit that job.
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Currently, I'm working on path 1): already gained 6 months of experience, apply for non-EE PNP next month (get provincial nomination in December 2020 hopefully), followed by a paper application for PR (around 19 months process).

In order to get a faster path, I wonder if I can take path 2) later: after having 1 year of experience in April 2021, create EE profile for CEC, apply for PNP to get 600 points. Will it work? besides, is cook a job as LMIA exempt? it seems very hard to get LMIA assessment. If I continue working for the same employer, can they just issue a written job offer (50 points), no LMIA needed? Thank you very much!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Currently, I'm working on path 1): already gained 6 months of experience, apply for non-EE PNP next month (get provincial nomination in December 2020 hopefully), followed by a paper application for PR (around 19 months process).

In order to get a faster path, I wonder if I can take path 2) later: after having 1 year of experience in April 2021, create EE profile for CEC, apply for PNP to get 600 points. Will it work? besides, is cook a job as LMIA exempt? it seems very hard to get LMIA assessment. If I continue working for the same employer, can they just issue a written job offer (50 points), no LMIA needed? Thank you very much!
You can apply for PR through EE after already doing so on paper, but it would just cost you extra money and not guarantee any sort of faster approval. Your existing nomination would not transfer over to give you 600 points. If one application was approved, you would withdraw the other.

As for the LMIA, you need one to get 50 points unless your current work permit was issued based on one your employer already got. But if you've been working on an open work permit (like a PGWP), you are not exempt from the LMIA requirement.