+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Enjoy Mobility Rights

Apr 22, 2018
Dear Concern,

Greetings. I have Two questions:

Q1. If I can migrate to Quebec, through PnP, can I use my mobility rights and take a transfer to other provinces (I.E: British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Toronto), within 6 Months ?

Q2: Given that Quebec is a French Speakers heaven, being an English Speaker, can I get a White Collar Job for living?

Many Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards

Raquib

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dear Concern,

Q1. If I can migrate to Quebec, through PnP, can I use my mobility rights and take a transfer to other provinces (I.E: British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Toronto), within 6 Months ?

Q2: Given that Quebec is a French Speakers heaven, being an English Speaker, can I get a White Collar Job for living?

Regards

Raquib
Yes, in theory. However if the Quebec government believes that the application was not made in good faith and that you were using the provincial nomination while not intending to actually settle in the province, they may come after you for misrepresentation.

As for language, you would be expected to have a reasonable skill in French to succeed in the province. I was under the impression that a certain level of French was required for PNP.

Qwerty092

Apr 18, 2018
Wouldn’t Quebec gov face a challenge if they come after landed immigrant on ground that they move to another province since it essentially infringe Mobility Rights (a constitutional right)?

Qwerty092

Apr 18, 2018
Dear Concern,

Regards

Raquib
Q2: To be perfectly honest, your French must be as “relatively” good as your English in order to be qualified for a white collar job in Quebec. Maybe there is an exception for IT jobs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wouldn’t Quebec gov face a challenge if they come after landed immigrant on ground that they move to another province since it essentially infringe Mobility Rights (a constitutional right)?
Not if they can show that the immigrant never actually intended to reside in Quebec and therefore committed misrepresentation in their application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
A constitutional right would not apply to someone who gained PR status through fraud, which is essentially what "misrepresentation" is, and had PR status revoked.